Six - Sky gazing (Part 1)

Ginny's room was slightly lighted and cramped from Hermione and I's stuff. We had only brought one trunk upstairs each. Otherwise, there wouldn't be room for us in the small bedroom. I was sitting on my mattress brushing my hair, when Ginny and Hermione came in. "I like your hair, like that" Hermione said "I wish I had hair like you" she added.
"Thanks, but I like your hair too" I said and smiled. I felt kind of sad for Hermione, she was pretty, but no one saw her that way because she was being such a know it all. We did not have a lot of things in common, like Ginny and me. But after the events of last school year, I've been thinking about her a lot more like a friend. And I think that she felt the same way.

I was in my pyjamas. A black and white lose top and some loose grey shorts. I pulled out a deep green knitted sweater from my trunk, wrapped it around my waist and then put my shoes on. "Where are you going" Ginny asked "I'm going for a little walk with Fred and George" I answered, hoping she wouldn't ask to come. I liked Ginny a lot, but she was my best friend's little sister, and we were properly not going to do little sister friendly stuff. "Don't you know how early we are going to leave tomorrow morning" Hermione asked. Her tone annoyed me. I knew we were leaving early in the morning, but this was not school. I wanted to have fun this summer. It was the first summer being away from Lydia and Henry. So, I finally felt grown up and was ready for the adventure. "Yes, I do" I said as I hurried out the door before Hermione could say a word more to stop me from having fun.

"Its kind of sad don't you think. I mean I know its your brother and all, but don't you think she would be better off not sneaking around with them" Hermione asked Ginny as I closed the door. Something curious bubbled up inside of me, to hear what Ginny had to answer. Like Hermione said herself, it was her brothers after all. I leaned carefully against the door to hear what was going on in there. "I don't know. Fred and George are good, and they both want the best for Rebacca" Ginny answered with a somewhat careless tone to it. "Do you honestly think that, Ginny. She is about to take her O.W.L.s this year and if they keep" Hermione started, but Ginny interrupted her. "You know that Fred and Geroge are bright too. Do you know how much magic candy they have invented over the summer. And Hermione, what is it you want to say with this" Ginny snapped. I could hear Hermione take a deep breath and when she spoke, her voice was much calmer then Ginny's and much calmer for herself. "I just se a great potential in her. And if you are being honest, don't you think that Fred and George are pulling her opportunities just a bit down".

I don't know why but I felt my eyes tear up a bit. Was it because I somehow parted with Hermione or was it because she had spoken about my best friends like that. I pulled myself from a situation I had put myself in and hurried silently down the stairs.   

Fred and George were already sitting underneath a great old tree, laughing and sharing jokes and maybe planning pranks. I couldn't here them from where I was standing, but I could only imagine the fun they were having in this nice warm summer evening. I looked up to see a little se of stars, wanting to shimmer through the twilight. The birds were even singing a little song as I walked towards the twins.

As I walked down to the common room, I heard some voices. Angry voices. I looked around the corner and saw Fred and Catharina, so I pressed my back against the wall as I panicked. I didn't want to spy on them, but I didn't know where else to go without interrupting them. "Cat, stop that... You knew that I don't date" Fred explained, "you are such a twit" Catharina squealed. Her voice was so annoying. It was a mystery to me how that all the boys fancied her. "I'm a prankster, I don't have time for girl problems" Fred said surprisingly calm, "you see I don't do dates, I do pranks" he explained. He still sounded rather unbothered, which made me feel bad for Catharina, but Catharina just laughed at him and that made me wonder how much they had even liked each other. Then I heard footsteps coming my way. "Getting it all" Catharina spat, while she passed me. I would have liked to explain that I never wanted to spy on them, but she seemed way too dangerous to talk to right now. I the carefully made my way into the common room. "Waw" I said placing my spell book at the coffee table next to the fireplace. Fred looked at me and smiled awkwardly. "Do you think she is fine, I mean" Fred asked. I couldn't stop myself from letting a chuckle out. "Sorry, I mean. I don't do dates, I do pranks" I repeated. He laughed a little too, while he scratched the back of his head. "She is going to be fine" I started. "Anyway, she is going to find a new one to snog with in no time" I added while I crossed my arms. "What about you and Wood" Fred asked, with so much confidence in his voice. "Err... there is no me and Wood" I replied nervously, "I just... I thought, I mean the two of you looked pretty into each other after the last quidditch match" Fred said confused.

"So, this is where the cool kids hang out" I said with an awkward smile as I met the twins under the tree. I had never really hung out with Fred and George outside of school. It felt a bit wired because this was us, not being forced to be in the same common room. But we had chosen to be friends, and no one ever forced us to hang out. Hogwarts was just a safe space for so many of its students that it felt wired that anyone of us had a life outside of the school. "You seem a little tense Rebecca" George started and rubbed my shoulders. "Yeah, take some fire whisky" Fred added and handed me a brown bottle. I took a sip and tried not to make a face. Bit this fire whisky was one of the cheap ones and it had such a nasty taste to it. "Just down with it. Its not that bad" Fred said and smiled softly. He must have had a couple of sips before I got here, because Fred's smile had never been that soft. I slowly licked my bottom lip as I looked into Fred's eyes. I could feel some of the whisky dripping from my lips to my chin. Fred placed his hand underneath it and dried the rest of it off. The world was standing still for a moment. "Get a room already" George laughed. I hurried to take one more sip, before the situation got awkward. Then I took one more, just because I remembered what Hermione and Ginny had been talking about. It wasn't Fred and George's fault that I was behind in class, that I rather wanted to party than sleep and that I only wanted fun things in my life. It was only my fault. I was the only one to blame and if asked I was the one pulling them down. "Easy babe, leave some for the rest of us" Fred begged as he took the bottle out of my hands. "So, Fred truth or dare" George asked out of nowhere. I kept forgetting that he was here. "Dare of cause. What do you take me for" Fred answered witty. His voice was dewy from the alcohol. "Make a cartwheel" I dared and Fred tried the best he could to be athletic. "Beautiful" George and I cheered.

 "Beautiful" George and I cheered

picture: https://www.instagram.com/roadtowisteria/