Seven - Sky gazing (Part 2)

My feet were sore as we were on our way to Stoatshead hill to get a portkey. I walked between Fred and George, and none of us was saying a word as we were too tired to say anything. Hermione and Ginny were right behind us. I wondered how their convocation ended last night. Evern though I tried not to think about it, Hermione's words had hurt me. We had just started to become friends and she had said some clever words to me about my relationship with Remus. Maybe I should just let go of the things I had heard last night. To be fair, she had properly said what she did in her best meaning. She just had an odd way to show her love.

Harry and Ron were having a conversation with Mr. Weasley up front. I thought to myself that it was way too early to have a chat. I was sure that Mr. Weasley was explaining to Harry how a portkey worked. He had grown up in a muggle family after all, so there was a lot of stuff he didn't know about. Even stuff there was familiar to us whom had grown up in a magic one. I knew what a portkey was. But even though I had grown up with a witch like Lydia, I had never tried using one before. And I had of cause told that to Mr. Weasley. 

We finally made it to the top. "Now we just need the portkey" Mr. Weasley said. "I don't think it's very big" he added. And we all started to look for the portkey. After looking for only a couple of minutes, someone broke the silence. "Arthur, over here my friend. We got it!" someone called.

Two tall shadows could be seen against the clear sky above the hill. "Amos!" called Mr. Weasley. "This is Amos Diggory" started Mr. Weasley. "He is working at the surveillance department at the minister of magic. And you properly already know his son, Cedric?" he added I had immediately recognised the handsome Hufflepuff seeker standing tall beside Mr. Diggory. Cedric was tall and handsome with brown hair and cunning grey eyes. I blushed every time I investigated them. Mostly because I never knew what he was thinking. He was mysterious in an odd open way. He was polite and always in a good mood. The kind of person you never expected to be kind to you, but always put a smile on everyone's lips. Except for the twins. They had never really liked the tall seeker from Hufflepuff. He always got all the good-looking girls to fall for him, and he never seemed to want them anyway. So why did the girls even bother. George had told me that. Then to make it even better, Hufflepuff beat Gryffindor to it in the quidditch tournament last year.

"Can I get this dance, my lady" Cedric said with a foolish elegant tone and bowed. I Curtsied as elegant as I could. "Of cause, my lord" I replied foolish and then Cedric took my hand and we danced around the empty halls of Hogwarts only followed by Katy and Gabriel who was dancing even sillier and more aggressive than us.

As polite as Cedric was, he took a round and shook everyone's hand. I tried to look away and pretend that I haven't seen that it was him. How stupid of me, because now I was the next in line to shake Cedric's hands and how could I not have seen him. It was not like anyone else was here. "Becs" Cedric started with a wondering look on his face. Was he using my strategy too. Pretending not to have noticed each other. I rolled my eyes and then I faked a cute smile. "Funny seeing you here Hufflepuff" I said and instantly regretted my words as they slipped out of my mouth. I popped my tongue only to make a loud awkward sound. Cedric looked down and smirked. "I could say the same" he said as he looked back up at me. There it was, the look that made Cedric the most handsome boy at Hogwarts.
He then knotted to Fred and Geroge, knowing that they wouldn't find his politeness very friendly. We then all gathered in a circle around the portkey. "Three" Mr. Weasley mumbled. "Two...... One"

And then we arrived. My feet touched the ground hard and I tumbled over Fred and landed beside him. I stayed down for a couple of seconds before sitting up. My head was spinning, and I felt a bit dizzy. "A hand" Cedric said and offered me his hand to help me up. "Yes please" I said and took the offer. I nearly stumbled over my own two feet only to embarrass myself in front of Cedric. "Wow there. First time traveling with a portkey" Cedric asked. And there it was. The charm that a lot of girls took for something more, but it was only Cedric being friendly. "Don't worry, it will get better, just make sure to stay hydrated throughout the day" he added. I had to start a convocation with him. I needed to know how he was, and I kind of also wanted to know if he was seeing someone. "How was your summer Ced" I asked and smiled. "It's been a while since anybody called me that" he started and smiled back at me. I wanted to say that it was his own fault, that it was him who had stopped talking to me. But I didn't say any of that. "It was a bit boring, to be honest. You?" He asked. There wasn't much to his answer, maybe he still didn't want to talk to me and was just being his polite self. But I didn't want it to stop here, I wanted the study dates, the late hour snacking in the kitchen. I wanted to know what had made him chance his mind. "Ced is a better name then Cedric" I joked "My summer was ok, really good actually" I said. Please never stop looking in to my eyes, I thought as he smiled at me. "It was nice seeing you again Becs, let's catch up soon" he said, touched my shoulder and ran op to his dad. It gave me butterflies to my stomach. He was a real gentle man and I bet that Lydia and Henry would love his kind being. Cedric was kind, gentle and extremely attractive.

"Rebecca if you look here, the stars form a belt right underneath. Look" Cedric said and handed the telescope to me. Cedric was helping me with my astronomy homework on a Tuesday evening. And the sky was full of stars. It was beautiful. "You have to look into the telescope to see it" Cedric added. I hadn't paid any attention to what Cedric has been telling me to do. "Oh, yeah I know that" I said and moved closer to Cedric, to investigate the telescope. He didn't move away so instead he let me come closer to him. "So here, just like that" Cedric said while helping me use the telescope. "Do you see it" Cedric said proud. "Yea, I see it" I answered. He was just showing me one of the most common star pictures on the sky, Orion's belt also known as Three Kings or Three Sisters. But I let him have his moment. The belt was consisting of the three bright stars Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka. I didn't really need Cedric's help with astronomy, but I wanted to spend time with him. I slowly pulled away from the telescope only to be so close to Cedric, that the only logic thing to do was to kiss him. Thankfully he thought the same thing.

"Becca... Babe" Fred called "Earth to Becca" he added. "What" I asked dreamy.
"I just wanted you to know, that I'm not a lipstick boy, I'm more into the glossy lips" he said and I snaped out of my daydreaming only to give Fred the most wondering look I have ever given. Why was Fred wearing lip gloss. "And why are you telling me this" I asked Fred. "For our kiss" he said and smirked. Ginny and Hermione giggled. "That's not going to happen, and you know that" I said and walked into the tent.

Ginny and I decided to go look around the camp side for firewood, while Harry, Hermione and Ron went to get some water so we could finally make breakfast. Fred and George just disappeared. 

"Isn't it nice to finally be free from your brothers for a while" I asked and smiled. "Yes, indeed it is" Ginny said and then we both chuckled. "So, what was all that with Cedric about" Ginny started "is it true that you kissed last year" she added. I smiled. It was true, Ced and I kissed last year. It was my very first kiss. "Yeah, that is true" I said and blushed a little. "I knew it. How was it" Ginny asked. "It was nice. He was helping me with some astrology homework" I said. The butterflys was building up my stomack and I started to feel a bit shy. "That is so romantic, do you like him, did you get together after" Ginny asked. My smile fated a little, because we didn't really spoke after. We were great friends before we kissed, but he started to get awkward around me. "It really was, but we didn't get together after" I said. "Didn't you date Wood for a while at the end of last year" She asked. I laughed. Wood was a good-looking guy, who was a 7th year student last year. He was the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. I was into him, but who wasn't. He was an older guy, who was good a sport and then he was a sweetheart too. "Actually, there was a rumour, that he had a crush on me which is kind of wired given the age gab" I added, and both Ginny and I started to laugh.

We had just won the Quidditch cup of the school year. It was amazing. Everyone was cheering, hugging and jumping. And we all knew that there was going to be a massive party at the Gryffindor common room later. "We did it girl" Katy said and hugged me. "This is so surreal" I said while we hugged. Then Fred and George joined our hug, and we started to jump in a circle, while we were holding around each other and singing battle songs.

I jumped into Wood's arms, hugging him while "yelling we are undefeatable". We broke the hug. Wood looked deep into my eyes. He was smiling. "You were good out there" he said very soft. "What" I yelled. I couldn't hear what he was saying from the cheering. "You played well Clarck" Wood yelled. "You were not too bad yourself" I yelled and punched his arm. He giggled a little looking down to his feet's. Then he looked up at me again, with a soft wondering look in his eyes. And then... His hands were on my cheeks, we had and intense eye contact like he was about to kiss me. It really was like he was about to kiss me. Everything turned into slow motion and then he just hugged me again. It was wired. But everything suddenly went back to normal, just like that. He was holding his arm around me, and then we started singing battle songs again. 

picture: https://www

picture: https://www.instagram.com/roadtowisteria/