The darkest hour

My old man used to tell me...

It's best to never say you've hit rock bottom.

"Trust me" he said. "You can always go lower"

"And the thing about hell is there's always another one below.
__________________
"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statue section 14, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty"

Here we were in court and I just got told I may lose my brother again.

Obviously the five of us protested against the death penalty cause we know my brother is innocent.

But we need a good plan to be able to bail him out, and not just me running in there thinking I can take all the guards.

Which will probably just end up with me locked in there with him.

"Is this a joke? Are we in hell?" Kiara asks disgustingly as we walk out of the court house.

"I should've never come home." Sarah adds in still crying.

"Honestly Sarah if we knew this was gonna happen I'll have to agree. Least we could've had a better plan without him in jail the entire time." I state angrily. Still pissed with the results.

"They're gonna kill him guys." JJ states putting his hand on his head. The five of us instantly stop talking when we overhear a man talking to Ward.

"Sorry for what your family has gone through. Thank god the system works."

"Can you please shut up? Of course you think the system worked because it was made to protect people like you" Kiara tells him, stopping everyone from what they were doing to watch what was happening.

"He'll have his day in court. A jury will decide."

"He shouldn't even be in court! You should cause your a murderer! You have a lot of nerve showing up to court!"

"I know you're upset. I understand you're upset okay. I know his got you fooled." Ward jumps in.

"I'd choose your next words very carefully cause I swear to god once I start with you, you definitely won't win that." I threaten moving towards Ward, next to Kiara.

"I know you're upset!" He tries to yell again before Kiara and I jump towards him immediately being held back but several officers. But thankfully being pulled off them by our crew.

"Get off them!" They yell at them.

"Why don't you take Kooks down for a change?" JJ yells at Shoupe.

"You wanna get arrested?" He questions us.

"If I get to kill him, then absolutely." I state  glaring at him.

"It's not a coincidence your daughter's sitting with us!" Kie yells at them as we all start to walk away while I give him my middle finger not looking back.
________________
"I'm gonna testify. Under oath, I was there. I just need to get ahold of my sister." Sarah tells us.

It was pouring down with rain and we were at my house trying to come up with a plan to get John B out but so far we had nothing. None of us had actually ever been in jail so we weren't exactly sure how to get out of this one.

"Sister?"

"Kie do you have your phone? Wheezie is the only other person that knows Rafe wasn't home that day." Sarah explains to us taking the phone off Kiara.

"Wheezie?" JJ comments.

"I don't know what else to do. I got us into this mess. Im gonna do my best to get us out." She tells us as she walks inside to contact her sister.