The cross

"Oh well hello princess."

The five of us were sitting at home lounging around, recovering from the night before. We'd all been pretty fucked up in a lot of ways. Drunk, high, beaten, no sleep. Just not good.

When all of a sudden. Sarah Cameron walks inside.

"Shouldn't you be on figure eight with your group of polo players? Or did you break up with Topper?" John B sarcastically asks with a face of 'oh no'.

"We're just friends." She smiles at him. "I'm here for Pope." She says as she sits down. "I think I found the island room."

Instantly gaining all our attention.
________________
After a few moments of driving, we pull up to the Cameron house and head inside, where Sarah then leads us into a room with wall paper over the floor.

"It's the island room. It's been here this whole time."

"Holy shit." JB and I say in sync when we enter the room to see boats and houses painted all over the walls.

"It's a map of the whole island."

"Denmark, you genius. These are all his drawings. He, he painted this entire room." Pope points out, matching his handwriting to the wall.

"How did you even uncover this?" John B asks Sarah.

"I didn't. It was like this when I got home." She explains.

"Ok so who did it then?" Kiara and I ask.

"I don't know."

"The freaks." Wheezie jumps in, scary the living shit out of all of us.

"Christ Wheezie." I breathe out.

"Who's the freaks?"

"Uh that sick lady and her attack dog." Wheezie explains to us. "They showed up last night, and they wanted to talk to Rafe."

"Wait pale blonde lady?"

"She have crutches.?"

"It's gotta be Limbrey."

"First they searched the whole house looking for something, and then Rafe told me to go upstairs. But I didn't wanna miss out, so I listened through the grate. And they were talking about getting across the sand flamingo."

"The cross. The cross of Santo Domingo?"

"Yeah that's it. Oh they were talking about angels. A lot of angel talk." She tells us.

"Angels?" Jb and I question, looking at each other.

"Guys Denmark's famous last words. He buried the real treasure at the foot of the angel. They're looking for an angel. We have to find the angle in the room."

"Spread out!"

Spreading out was the easiest option. There was a lot to cover in this room and the 'angel' could be anywhere or anything.

"Hey guys! I think I found something!" My boyfriend yells, while the rest of us walk over to where he was looking. "This humongous tree is still on goat island. You know what it's called?"

"Angel oak."

"Look there. There's the keyhole." JJ states as he points to the centre of the tree.

"We have to go now!"
__________________
"Guys were coming up on Freedman's church." Pope tells us as John B drives past the church.

"There it is. Angel oak." Kiara points out.

"Oh shit. Tides coming in." John B states, looking at the water coming up in front of us.