My druthers

"That's a lot of wax on your board. Put to much wax and it's gonna be slippery."

"Are you telling me how to wax my board?"

The group hasn't really spoken since last night when JJ and I tried to get John B out. We've all sort of sat in silence around each other.

"Did you hear that?" JJ asks as we hear a car horn go off.

"No freaking way!" I say in disbelief as I see the Twinkie pull up and my brother jump out.

"How'd you do it?" We ask him as we pull him in for a hug.

"They dropped the charges." He tells us.

"Your telling me I did all that work for nothing?"

"That's phenomenal."

"Where's Sarah?" He questions us looking around.

"Uh. She went to meet with her sister last night but um she hasn't come back yet." I explain to him.

"So Sarah just dips and doesn't call?"

"I really think Ward got to her. The dude tried to have me killed In jail." Jb explains to us.

"Excuse me?"

"He sent somebody to the prison who yoked me up and almost killed me."

"Do you know who he was?"

"Not a clue."

"I swear to god. If Ward doesn't end up in prison I'll be the one murdering his ass." I state.

"It's ok." Kiara steps in.

"No Kie it's not. We gotta find Sarah."

"No literally. It's okay she's right there." Kie points behind us to see Sarah coming towards us on the boat. But with.

Topper?

"What the hell is she doing with Topper?" Kiara asks the question I was already thinking.

"My thoughts exactly." I tell her coming to stand beside her. 

"What happened?" Sarah hugs Jb as she jumps onto our boat.

"They dropped the charges. But listen Sarah. There coming after Rafe." He tells her.

"Good. He's completely unhinged. He jumped me last night." She explains to us.

"What?" Kid and I say in sync.

"That's why I hadn't come back."

"Yeah man. Rafe lost his mind. Literally almost drowned his own sister. Thankfully I got there just in time." Topper interrupts.

"Is it just me or do you find it weird wherever Sarah is, Topper just like seems to magically appear everytime?" I whisper to Kiara.

"No it's super weird" she replies looking at me.

"Uh well I guess I owe you one. Don't I?" Jb asks Topper.

It's all good. I mean somebody had to rescue your girlfriend right?" He replies. Shrugging him off.

"Uh that's funny cause she's not actually my girlfriend." John B smiles.

"Well what is she then."

"I'm, I'm with him." Sarah tries to say, making Kiara and I wince and bow our heads in second hand embarrassment.

"Oh that's bad" I mumble to myself.

"You guys clear on that?" Topper asks sarcastically.

"I think it's clear you gotta go now." JJ steps in, not looking at him. Sarah then hugs Topper thank you and then he heads off leaving us to each other.
____________________
"I can't believe Rafe tried to drown his own sister." I state to JJ, sitting on my kitchen bench.