The bonfire

Trigger warning.

Sexual assault is mentioned here
__________________

"He deserved it right?"

"Are you joking? Of course he deserved it."

Never seen anyone blow them selves up like that"

Currently the five of us were sitting on the dock trying to figure out what the actual hell happened.

"Cross that one of the bucket list."

"JJ!" Kiara scolds him. "Are you okay?" She moves down to John B by the boat.

"Hey, you alright?" I hear JJ from beside me.

"Yeah I'm fine. Honestly thought Ward would've put up a fight and not go out so easy like that." I explain.

"Yeah so did I."

"Besides I'm more worried about Sarah, even after what he did to us and my dad, he's still Sarah's dad. And that's got to be ripping her apart." I tell him as he wraps his arms around my shoulder.

"It'll be okay. Things will work themselves out and I'm sure Sarah will slowly get better over time."

"Yeah."
___________________
It's been a few days and I figured that a few days was enough time to give Sarah some space and I thought I would go and check on her to see how she was holding up.

I walk outside my house to see John B on the dock so I went down to see if he knew where his girlfriend might be.

"Hey JB, do you know where Sarah is at the moment? I just wanna go see if she's okay after everything." I ask him. For a moment he doesn't answer and just continues looking out at the water with his back facing me. "JB?"

Slowly he turns around to reveal his teary eyes.

"Woah, what happened?" I ask walking closer to him.

"Sarah dumped me." He whispers softly.

"What? When?"

"A few moments ago. She came down and just said things weren't meant to be and handed me my bandana necklace back." He cries holding the bandana necklace in his hands.

"Oh John B." I whisper as I pull him into a tight hug and let him cry for a few minutes. "Ok look, we have the annual bonfire tomorrow night, you should try and get your mind off it for the night."

"She's gonna be there. I don't know if I wanna go."

"No Jb listen. You gotta go. It saves you from sitting at home thinking about it. Out with your friends. We can do something together tonight if you want?" I suggest to him.

"Yeah ok. I'd like that."
__________________
"Fuck off JB you stole my wave." I push him as we walk back onto the beach with our surfboards.

To distract my brother I figured we should go surfing since that always keeps our minds busy.

"I did not, you were just in my way!"

"I was paddling and you went straight in front of me and knocked me off my board!"

"Should've paddled faster." He laughs as we put our surfboards on the grass to dry off.

"Ok asshole. Whatever helps you sleep at night." We laugh together.
___________________
"So how's things with you and Pope?" I ask Kiara, sitting on my bench.

Pope and my brother were out on the boat while JJ, Kiara and I had been hanging out in the hot tub. Although it was starting to get late so we all jumped out and got changed to warmer clothes.