Kid Pirates (OS)

❥ Motherly

Pairing: Kid Pirates x fem!reader (platonic)

Summary: Just some fluff for the Kid Pirates after someone disrespected you

Warnings: none

═══════ •♡• ═══════

Your footsteps echoed on the deck, the wood creaking under your weight, it was the only sound heard apart from some silent gasps from one of the rooms. You hurried to open the door, loading your medical resources in a disorderly manner on your chest, with no time to waste you rushed to heal the wounded men of the crew.

"Always the same, can't you spend a day without looking for a fight?"

Kid grunted as the alcohol was poured over his open wound, you received no response, but working in silence made it easier to concentrate, when you were done you let out a sigh of relief, seeing your 'kids' injured, mainly the redhead and Killer, they were always the ones more fighters.

How did you end up in this situation? You were someone who only had some medical knowledge, no combat experience and rather weak, it seemed comical that someone like you had to take care of a bunch of sculpted and powerful men who behaved like children looking for constant trouble. But you got caught up in this situation when Kid reverted to trusting people who betrayed him again, it resulted in a pretty badly injured Killer, and yes Kid got down on his knees for you to help him since none of the other doctors on the island seemed want to help him. He might be cocky ass but he wouldn't let someone like his vice commander die in such a painful way.

So because of his revolt you had to sail with them to treat the blond, you certainly clarified a mutual agreement that you would leave the ship once Killer fully recovered, it took a few weeks and if we count that it was not that fast to arrive to the next island... they ended up getting used to you, so much so that Kid practically forced you to stay with them, also because it was nice to have someone with medical knowledge on board, it's not like they didn't have a doctor on board before but they would end up dying because the crew only knew how to get into trouble and not small.

Although you clarified that you definitely were not going to fight alongside them, your hands were only used to heal not to fight, despite being weak surprisingly the captain did not say anything to you, surely because most of the time you would be on the ship, you would not need to step land unless you wanted to buy more medicine or bandages, and you weren't going to put on a show like them anyway.

Inevitably over time, being the affectionate person you were to some degree, in your eyes they became your own fighting sons, you had become the mother of a violent crew of pirates. Every time you saw them jump from the ship to a new island, your heart sank thinking that something could happen to them, you would not stay calm until you see them return safe and sound.

Of course you'd scold them whenever they got into unnecessary battles or if they came back too late from a binge, but seeing your annoyed face as you crossed your arms impatiently tapping the toe of your shoe just made them laugh more than they were scared, it was adorable to see how you tried to scold them when you could barely hit a good punch.

Returning to the current situation, they had done it again, this time in your presence. The crew was in a bar, for once you decided to go out with them since some alcohol was not unpleasant for your body from time to time, everything was fine, there was another group of pirates but things were calm, the men rather focused on ogling the dancer on stage accompanied by music.

You didn't understand how when you returned from the bathroom you found Kid with a broken lip, Heat with blood on his knuckles, Killer cleaning his scythes and Wire holding the collar of the shirt of one of the pirates from the other gang, who just let go hear how you cleared your throat to get his attention. A frown visible on your face, you let your fists rest on your hips demanding an explanation in silence. The four of them looked at each other as if they could communicate with their eyes, they nodded together and Killer carried you on his shoulder, leaving you more than confused.

"Hey, can you tell what-?"

"We're leaving this dump, those idiots have ruined my night."

Kid grunted stomping ahead of the others, you twisted on the blonde's shoulder but he seemed to have an iron grip on your body, you demanded explanations that weren't given, not even now that you had finished examining and healing them properly. With a sigh of defeat, knowing that you would not get answers, you decided to leave the room to let them rest, maybe they would be in the mood tomorrow.

As a routine, despite not being in charge of the kitchen, you had a morning schedule, so you helped Killer make breakfast more than once, today was no different. You greeted him with a lazy little side hug, getting down to business with him. It was normal for you to work in silence but you could feel that he wanted to tell you something, call it instinct but you could read them like open books, you really thought it was a power that mothers get. You hummed happily when you heard him falsely cough to get your attention, you looked at him for a second to continue with your task, but noticing your movement he decided that it was okay to speak because you would hear him.

"When you left... they began to speak badly about you."

"Huh?"

"That group of pirates started laughing at you because you seemed so weak and small..." you stopped your actions looking at his mask, thinking about his words "but what really infuriated us was that they tried to talk as if they could kidnap you and use you"

You opened your eyes to the information, so that's why they started the fight? were they defending you? you wanted to make fun of them in a way, that type comments weren't going to affect you in any way, they didn't have to go as far as hitting them.

"They really said very obscene things about you."

You almost screamed when you heard Heat's calm and low voice, in addition to his hand on your shoulder, you frowned complaining about the fright, which made them laugh at your expression, you snorted when you heard your captain's shameless laugh and Wire's amused grin seeing your shudder. You looked like a scared cat, how could they not protect from stupid bastards?

"That doesn't matter! It's no reason for you to get into fights." your hands hit the table as if the sound reaffirmed your words "I also have some tricks to kick men."

You laughed as their expressions twisted into a frown, imagining your 'foolproof' method of hitting men. From their own experience it was better not to get close to you if you were going to throw a kick, you wouldn't know how to use your fists but you had more mobility with your legs.

Everyone sat down to eat as usual, you occasionally scolded Kid for staining his clothes by eating so messy, also cleaning Killer's mask due to his spaghetti hitting it, leaving tomato stains. At least Heat and Wire weren't so messy, which you appreciated.