↳ Strawhats (HC)

Request: Hey, just so you know I love what you did with the straw x male reader and I know this may be sudden but you think you can do a part 2 of it? And if you want, I can put in some of the details if you want? (Warning: This is too long) like let's say this theme is more so focused on reader's past and I will say that his backstory similar to movie sonic where his mother is actually a giant owl who had eaten a human human fruit and Is very knowledgeable with all kinda of devil fruits (She even has collections of them) but of course, like some tragic things that happened to some characters. Both reader and his mother were being raided by people who secretly worked for the world government and because of it, the mother owl had no choice but to sacrifice herself in order to let reader escape (Similar to Nico robin and what happened in Ohara) and in the end, their home got burned down and all reader could do is run away and hide. Anyways back to present, after hearing from an unknown caller that his mother was alive. He didn't believe it at first until there are just way too many evidences that his mother might be still alive after what happened and not only that but finding out how she's secretly working for the world government, it was just absurd to him. Is this the reason why they want him alive? He's not sure anymore. In the end, he decided that it would be best to never tell the crew about it and would just have to go out of his way on his own to find the location where his mother was at. And by the time, straw hats find out that they were too late and reader is already ahead of them. (Also of course, you're free to Refuse this request at any time but if you're still gonna do it then you can do it anytime K? No rush, and It's your decision to do so.)

═══════ •♡• ═══════

─ You were probably adopted (maybe not, but you never wanted to ask), your mother was a giant owl that ate the human-human fruit, but you don't care where you come from, you always loved your mother.

─ A little curious fact is that she is a collector of devil fruits, which caused you some problems because people are greedy with treasures like that, but the thing is that you got your powers because of that very collection.

─ You were just a child when you were snooping through her things and that devil fruit looked tasty, you were disappointed with the taste and on top of that your mother scolded you for that, but there was nothing that could reverse the effects.

─ Normally you had to change houses continuously, the government and some people wanted the devil fruits that your mother collected, as if that were not enough, they also wanted you as an experiment subject since your fruit was quite powerful or sought after.

─ And one day what you were fearing simply happened, the government found you, worst of all, your mother sacrificed herself for you to flee, you couldn't do anything and you began to hate the government more than before, they had taken a being loved without regrets.

─ After that you wandered aimlessly, many newspapers had the exclusive that they had caught the 'evil' thief of devil fruits and were going to make her pay for her sins, your whole world collapsed when a week later, word spread that she had died and they had put up a wanted poster only alive with your face.

─ Your life began to fall apart but luckily, before your intrusive thoughts could do anything, you met Luffy... well, Usopp in the first place, but the important thing was that the strawhats took you in after your life was gone overboard.

─ You started noticing some small clues about your mother inadvertently since Luffy declared war on the world government when they rescued Robin, since then you were much more involved with them.

─ Within you there was that little ray of hope, maybe they didn't kill your mother, maybe she is captive due to her knowledge about the devil fruits, that's why you began to investigate further, following small clues.

─ You kept all this hidden from the others because you thought it was something you had to solve on your own, although Robin was already suspicious about you, you always went to her when you needed more detailed information about the government.

─ "Why so curious now about this?" "For nothing in particular, I like to find out about the people I hate so I can hit them harder." It's not like it was a lie itself, you wanted to hit those bastard governors.

─ You had a small diary where you had everything collected in the last months, luckily they respected your private things, although they thought that all your secrecy was because you were young and you were embarrassed to share some things with them.

─ "Why do you always hide that book of yours when you see us, huh? Don't tell me, it's a diary and you write about your lover there!" "I-It's nothing like that Luffy!" Luffy would always try to tease you and play jokes on you however Sanji or Zoro would always stop him if he got too close to stealing your diary.

─ What made you jump into the attack was a call in which you interfered one night, a call that turned all your suspicions into solid facts, "Yes, my son is the consumer of that fruit, we could locate him if the rumors about that is next to the strawhats are true" "m-mom...?" Luckily they couldn't hear the disbelief in your voice as you heard your mother's clear voice.

─ You were extremely confused as to why she would be part of the government, deeply hurt by the fact that they were looking for you, and not especially to give you hugs.

─ Everyone on the ship noticed your change after you discovered that, you started to talk less to investigate more, you became more paranoid and you started to put a barrier between them and you, you didn't need to cause them more problems than they already had.

─ But your plan to do everything on your own went awry, you tried to deal with some undercover guys who worked for the government on an island, you were seriously injured, if it wasn't because Usopp found your diary and decided to browse a bit ( because this guy couldn't contain himself and thought one look wouldn't hurt anyone) you'd probably be dead by now.

─ While Chopper treated you in a fit of stress, the others looked at your wounded body with a frown, most of them angry for not being able to arrive earlier, Luffy angry with you for not having told him anything.

─ When you recovered he scolded you because you didn't trust them to help you, "Idiot, we are here for you! You are my nakama and I would do anything for you." "I'm sorry..."

─ You apologized to everyone for being so reckless and going alone to a fight you couldn't win, they forgave you and just like Luffy, each one showed in their own way that you didn't need to have that fight by yourself, if you needed their support, there they going to be, even if they had to fight against your own mother, they would not abandon you.