Law (OS)

❥ Appearances

Pairing: Law x fem!reader

Summary: Law discovers that you are not as smart as you seem.

Warnings: none.

═══════ •♡• ═══════ 

You ran your fingers over the stiff paper of the ancient book, humming as you nodded, looking at the book with great interest. You were in charge of the library on your island, it was a good job, you didn't have to do much and they paid you well so it was quite good for you.

The old doors at the entrance creaked open, letting the figure of the man who had been visiting the library make himself present for another day, surely he came to return the medical books he requested a week ago.

"Good morning Law, returning books?"

He nodded without bothering to say hello, leaving three books on the table, leaving immediately for the science section. Law was in a period of appetite for learning, so much so that he gobbled up books in just a few days, this library was huge and he found the knowledge that the books offered quite rewarding. But he also liked your presence, always so calm, silent, he liked to find you reading chemistry or physics books, he thought you were a cultured person and worthy of admiration for your knowledge in science, at least, that's what he supposed. He didn't mean to bother you too much when you seemed too focused on the metaphysics books, he just took you as a genius working on a simple job.

You grabbed the three books after checking that they had been returned, following Law into the science section where he had settled down to research other new books, you put them in their respective places being as quiet as possible, so as not to disturb the others readers in the room, but your attempts to maintain silence went overboard though not your fault.

A couple of men had stumbled in, fighting over god knows what. You frowned having a vague image of those men, you had already found them before fighting in some clandestine fights, but you didn't care, they were bothering the others and you were the one in charge of getting them out.

You took big steps towards their position, preparing to stop that argument, but just before you raised your voice, someone gave you a slight tug on your arm, looking to the side you met Law's eyes.

"I can fix this for you."

He volunteered, not just for the simple fact that the guys seemed like more brawn than brains compared to you, but to do you a small favor for all those nights you let him stay in the library hours past the closing time.

"Huh? No, of course not, it's my job."

While he didn't doubt your abilities to get rid of troublemakers, he'd never seen you do it and you didn't seem like the fighting type, so he figured you were the oratory and rhetorical type and would just chase them away with words.

His jaw dropped to the ground as instead of interrupting their blows you joined them, hitting one of them squarely in the eye, the whole image of a lovely, quiet girl shattered as he saw the brutal beating of both men, it was like you were almost a professional wrestler.

"Fuck, you're the whore who won the last tournament!"

"Are you kidding!?"

They both seemed to remember your face, Law didn't know if he was going to be surprised with another new fact about you, not only were you not innocent at all but you were also involved in clandestine fights, he was so wrong about the image he had of you.

"Don't provoke fights again! At least not in my job, damn useless..."

He almost choked listening to you rant with the foulest language ever heard, used to your kind and soft greetings or occasional small talk, it was like discovering another completely different person. So fascinated by this and taking you as someone 'close' or minimally nice he approached you when you returned to your post, again taking the physics book in your hands.

"I didn't expect that the smart and kind librarian could give that kind of beatings."

"I'll take that as a compliment, but eh... smart? I don't know anything about that, I don't even know how to add without the help of my fingers."

"Don't play dumb, it shows that you pay a lot of attention to these kinds of books, many people don't even understand the simplest bases of physics or chemistry."

"Do you mean these books? Ah, I don't understand shit about what it says, I only use them as a support to color this book because they have a hard and smooth cover.

Behind the thick science book, you took out a much thinner one, Law paled at the title 'learn to color with animals', you opened the book revealing the drawing you had colored most recently, a black cat with some lines coming out of the sketch printed. What he thought were notes or jottings turned out to be scratches on a children's sketchbook, hell, you seemed so focused on the book and when you seemed to be taking notes.

He was speechless before that new facet of yours, the appearance of an intelligent, delicate and silent girl, in truth you were someone silly, simple and a fighter, it's not that he disliked that, in fact, your passion for fighting caught his attention much more than you supposed intelligence, but it was something pleasantly unexpected for the surgeon.