🥀Dearest, You Said ~ Craig x Reader🥀

A/N : this story is going be full of angst, so prepare your tissues. request any stories, I'm starting to run out of ideas!

⚠️WARNING⚠️: angst, some language, mentions of death and gore

Background Song : I'll Cover You ~ Rent : The Movie Cast

Author POV

2 years. It's been 2 years you've gone without your husband's love. 'Why did he have to go...?'  You've thought this to yourself day after day. The house felt empty, more emptier than it usually is. Your husband, Craig Tucker was a war hero. You and Craig have been best friends since diapers. You guys first met when your family first moved to South Park. He was the first kid who played with you. You two practically grew up together, tethered to the hip as it were. Your feelings for one another grew into something deeper and you both started dating in middle school. Craig had a bit of a rebellious streak in middle school, and you were there along for the ride. After you two graduated high school, Craig had decided to go to the army. You were fine with it, but you knew that you would miss him dearly.

You went on to college to get your early childhood development degree and eventually become a well-known elementary school teacher. You and Craig had written letters to each other, facetimed, and texted each other while he was stationed all around the world. It was hard at first to be without Craig, but you eventually got used to it. When you two first moved into your penthouse, Craig had a bit of a surprise. You were looking at the roses in the yard, until you turned around and saw Craig on one knee. You tearfully accepted, starting a new chapter for the (L/N)-Tucker family.

You loved teaching children, which made you evaluate about your desire to have children of your very own. Whenever Craig had his breaks, the two of you would catch up, talk about what's been going on in your individual lives, and other subjects that came to mind. This particular break, you talked to Craig about the possibility of children. Craig was surprised at first, but he came around to the idea of having children. After that break, you two were blessed with your son and daughter, Camila and Oliver. Your life together couldn't get even happier...until it took a turn for the worst. 

*FLASHBACK STARTS*

You were feeding your two toddlers whenever you heard a knock on the door. You went to the door, and see a commander. He has a uniform and a badge that looks slightly familiar. "Mrs. (L/N)-Tucker?" The commander asks, a little pain springing free from his voice. "Yes...? What's going on? Where's....Craig?" You ask, your mind automatically thinking the worst. "That's...what I'm here to inform you of. Craig...Craig didn't make it...." The commander says, taking his hat off his head, giving you Craig's items. 

He places his hat on his chest and continues to explain, "There was an ambush and Craig was shot...The nurses did their best...but in the end, Craig couldn't pull through..." You were floored. Your heart sank, felt like it was breaking bit by bit. Your eyes fill with tears, as you recount all of the memories you both shared. "My.....My husband....is.....DEAD?!" You shriek, your body shaking with grief. The commander shakes his head, slowly breaking into tears. The commander was one of Craig's best friends and the thought of telling you this broke his heart.

You continue to cry, sobbing into the arms of the commander, as he silent cries. Your whole world felt upside down, you were crushed. After a moment, the commander explains the protocol for an army widow. After the explanation, the commander says, "You know if you anything, you can call me." You nod, making your way back into the house. You call Craig's parents and Tricia to tell them the news. You tell them, and they were just as crushed as you were, they all were comforting each other along with you. Craig's mom and dad volunteered to take the kids for a while so you can process.