Origins, Part 2

"There is more to being a Power Ranger than mastering a sword." Ji taught, "You must also learn to use your inherited Samurai symbols. Aha, fire symbol."

Jaydens paper caught on fire after drawing his symbol. He blew his paint brush that also caught on fire as well. I was in between Jayden and Mike drawing the strokes of my Thunder symbol. 

"Aah Thunder." Ji said. 

My symbol disappeared, but then my eyes bulged open. I ducked my head before the Lightning could blast me with a purple ray of danger. I peered back up at my canvas, and revolved my attention behind me. There was a big black stain of smoke that covered a spot of the roof onto the Shiba house. 

Ji laughed as well as a few others. He walked away, and at Kevin.

"Yes. Water." Ji said in a calm and soothing voice.

Kevin's symbol turned into water, but the water splashed all over Kevins face.

"Good. Earth symbol." Ji said as Emily's symbol turned into a large rock. The rock then smashed onto Kevin's foot. Ouch.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Are you okay?!" Emily apologized.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Kevin reassured.

"Ahh. The symbol for wind." Mia's symbol turned into wind then blew into her face, and through her hair. "Very good."

"Ugh. Thats not right." Mike groaned, "Wait is it this way? Thats it!"

"The order of the strokes is wrong." Ji told him, "Mike, you must practice more."

"Okay, I get it. Practice." Mike repeated Ji.

Mike lifted his brush to his paper again, "How bout a lunch break? You'd be amazed at how well I practice after a few slices of pizza!"

I held in my laughter. Ji glared at Mikes hand which was on his shoulder. Mike took his hand off of Ji, and continued practicing his Forest symbol. Mike didn't get his lunch break until a few hours later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike and I were watching Kevin train endlessly, as we finish our drinks. It was lunch, and Kevin hasn't eaten yet. He hasn't eaten since breakfast.

I'm leaning onto the wooden door frame that leads to the training floor. Mike has his arms through the square holes of the door, leaning against the wooden door.

"Hey Kev. Do you ever take a break?" Mike asked after slurping nonstop.

"Every second that you are not training, is a second waisted." Kevin answered kicking the beanbag again.

"So, you're gonna starve yourself everyday?" I asked taking another sip of my drink, "Smart."

"Alright Kev, don't blow a gasket." Mike jumped in again.

Mike and I took long slurps of our now empty drinks just to distract Kevin.

"Alright. Let's see if your practice makes perfect." Mike said setting his empty drink down.

Kevin started swinging his arms at Mike. Mike backed up, and got Kevin into a 'chokehold.' A very bad chokehold.

Suddenly Mia comes in slightly panicked, yet slightly calm.

"You guys, I can't find Emily." Mia tells us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Emily!" I called our for the Blonde haired yellow ranger.

Kevin, Mia, Mike, and I decided to check the mall. We're all spread out, and tried looking for Emily. A little while after we all met up inside a glassed building I wasn't the last one to get there,  but I did arrive after Kevin.