Forest of the Trees

All of us are sitting around the map table. Jayden had all 4 disc's laid out in front of him. 

"Now that we've recovered 4 of the lost disc's, we have a new power disposal." Ji started.

"Beetle." Jayden said.

"Swordfish." Jayden added.

"Moth." Jayden added, again.

"Tiger." Jayden ended, "Together, these 4 disc's allow us to form the Samurai battle wing."

"Wow, that looks like one powerful bird." Mike stated.

"Yes. Thanks to these disc's." Ji answered, "So each one has to go to the person we believe is truly ready to help pilot the battle wing."

"I'll keep the Tiger Zord." Jayden began.

"Wait, but isn't that Tawny's father's? Why doesn't she keep it?" Mia asked.

"Because I'm keeping the Moth disc, and I'm the only one who can actually control it." I tell her casually, "I can't control both the Tiger and the Moth Zord at the same time."

"Oh!" Mia slurred out of her mouth.

"Yep, and the Swordfish disc goes to Kevin!" Ji started, "You caught it and therefore has a connection with it."

I saw a happy and proud smile pull up onto Kevin's face. Seeing him smile made me smile as well. Then when they presented the Beetle disc I noticed Mike smile in pride, thinking it was him that they picked.

"We've decided that the Beetle.." Ji began.

"Should go to Mia." Jayden finally answered.

"Me?" Mia repeated Jayden in disbelief. 

"We trust your control and your symbol power the most." Ji explained, "And we know you'll do difficult work thats needed to master this disc."

I look down at Mike's hands. He had one hand wrapped around his fist, pressing onto it hard. Soon his smile turned into a furious frown.

"Thank you. I won't let you down." Mia stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished my daily training even though we didn't have training today. I just showered, and I got dressed into some normal clothes. 

I can hear Mike yelling from the front yard. He's been training all day. He was my training partner for majority of the time I've been training. 

He's yelling as if he wants to Punch someone in the face. I have never seen or heard him this mad out of all the time I've spent with him. 

The other Rangers were in the kitchen making and eating sushi. Soon enough I walked through the Kitchen doors. The first thing I said when I stepped through those doors were, "Is he still training out there?"

"I don't know. I've never seen him train so hard." Kevin stated.

"He's actually been working really hard on his symbol power lately." Emily agreed as I went to fetch a bowl to place my sushi in, "I think he wanted that disc, bad."

"I know. I felt kind of bad taking it instead of him." Mia stated.

I was about to speak up, but Ji beat me to it.

"Don't feel bad. Your hard work is one of the reasons we've chosen you." Ji said, "I told Mike he needs to work just as hard."

"He's been trying.." Emily said.

"Yes. And I believe he has it in him." Ji said, "But until he learns to listen..he isn't ready."

We ate our sushi before going off to do whatever it is we have to do. That was before the Gap sensor went off.