Room for One More

"He's so fast when he's the gold Ranger, I'm surprised he's not here already." Emily said.

"Just because Antonio showed off when we beat that Nighlok, doesn't mean he's good at everything." Kevin said.

"It's true. We really don't know much about him." Mia agreed, "But at least Jayden and Tawny can vouch for him."

"Yeah. We were friends from the moment we met." Jayden said.

We met at the local fish market in the city. The times we played together were really the only times we've ever felt like normal kids.

Jayden explained the story of how us 3 met, "But that was before he moved away."

"If he moved away then how did he become the Gold Ranger?" Mia asked.

Jayden and I shrugged. 

"Wait! He's definitely got some skills! But he's not a true Samurai!" Kevin stated, "It doesn't run in his family, and he doesn't have any formal training!" 

"Shut up Kevin!" I defended, "You were chosen to become a Samurai Ranger! He is self taught, and WE couldn't even defeat that Nighlok yesterday! But he did!"

"All I'm saying is..We don't even know what this guy is up to." Kevin softened his voice.

We have been waiting for a full 17 minutes. 

"Antonio is late. I can't say I'm surprised." I heard Ji mutter to himself, "Did he say he was bringing the Octo-Zord with him?"

"I don't know. Why?" Mike answered not looking up from his game.

"Well, when Jayden and Tawny were only children... they gave it to Antonio, when I wasn't looking." Ji answered.

"What?! You guys gave him a Zord?!" Emily asked in astonishment.

"Look, we were little kids. We didn't know any better." Jayden explained.

"By the time I found out Antonio had moved away, and I didn't think he'd actually figure out a way to activate it." Ji said, "Jayden threatened he'd quit being a Samurai if I try to get it back"

"Like he said. He was a little kid." I repeated, rubbing Jayden's shoulder while I stood beside him as he was seated onto one of the couch chairs.

"Wow, such a rebel." Mike mocked sarcastically.

I scrunched up my nose as a sign of, 'shut the fuck up.'

"Sounds like you 3 were really good friends." Mia stated, "I bet you both missed him when he moved away."

"Yeah." Jayden answered. At that very second, Antonio came sliding in with a fishing poll hanging on his shoulder. He was wearing black dress-shoes, Black pants with a thin gold stripe on both sides, a black tuxedo with another thin gold stripe on the edges, and a golden tie.

"Lady's and Gentlemen! I would like to introduce to you..the seventh Samurai! The Gold Ranger, me! Antonio Garcia!" He spoke saying his name in a terrible Mexican accent. 

"And he thought Mike was cocky." I joked making Mike move the same annoyed scowl I made to him just a second ago, also making the rest of the Ranger team giggle. 

"Jayden, please. Allow me to join you and your team in the fight against the Nighlok." Antonio offered. I noticed Antonio's fishing hook fall down and hook onto his butt. 

"Antonio wait-!" I tried warning him before he tried lifting his fishing poll up. The leather on his butt ripped as the hook was dragged upwards.

I covered my mouth with both hands so I can hold in my laughter.