five

||Ryana Bronwyn Caldwell||First person||

I woke up to the sound of my doorbell, and quickly got out of bed. I threw on a hoodie and went to the door to open it. A beaming Tyler waited for me on the other side. "Good morning Ryana!" He said in a cheerful voice "Do you wanna come with me to the forest?"
"Good morning, Tyler" I yawned, my eyes still half shut "Uhh, yeah, I think, but I still have to get ready and eat breakfast"
"That's okay with me, I also have to eat" Tyler said smiling "Knock on my door when you're ready!"
"Uh, Tyler? Why don't you stay? We could have breakfast together" I said "Oh, sure, why not? Thanks!" Tyler answered and came in. "Wanna listen to music while we eat?" I asked "Yeah, sure"
I put my playlist on shuffle and - just like yesterday - Saturday started. I happily started singing along. Tyler looked at me,  puzzled. "You... You uh, listen to that stuff?" He asked "You're unbelievable, Ryana" he grinned
"But on Saturday, Saturday, Saturday..." I sang, beaming. "Wow, you have a great voice!" Tyler said, his eyes wide from surprise "You're just saying that to make me happy" I laughed at him

||Tyler Robert Joseph||First person||

"No, I'm dead serious, Ryana!" I grinned at her. She was making pancakes, while I was making coffee. The next song came on, Formidable, and I rolled my eyes. Can she put anything else, but my music on? She was singing again. God, her voice is beautiful... She is beautiful... If Only I could tell her... But I won't. I can't.

"Hey, watcha thinking about?" I heard Ryana's question "Uh, nothing... Let's eat!"

After breakfast we headed outside. We lived a few streets away from a huge forest, and I went there a lot.

We were pretty deep in the forest, when the place got weirdly familiar to me. Oh, no. Oh, shit. Oh, shit. I remembered that thing I never EVER wanted to remember. I gasped. We reached a place in the forest with a few burnt trees.
"What is it, Tyler??" Ryana asked with a worried look. "Uuhhh, nothing... No... Nothing" I tried to say it confidently, but my voice cracked.
"Okay Tyler, what is it??"
And I lost control. Blurryface, that evil demon I have been able to push in the back of my head for years now, came out from his hiding place and took control. And I told Ryana everything.
"Many, many years ago, I tried to kill myself here. I set this tree house on fire, right here." I pointed to a few wooden planks. "But Josh came, and saved me. Sometimes I feel sorry that he saved me, it would've been so much easier that way..." And I started crying. Ryana silently stepped to me and hugged me as tightly as she could. We stood there for long minutes. Then, without a word, she grabbed my hand and led me home. We went into her apartment and sat down on the couch. After a few minutes of silence, I started talking. I talked about my insecurities, Blurryface, my former suicide attempts and so much more. It was so nice of her to wait until I started to speak. After hours and hours of talking, we were sitting in silence again. And then, all of a sudden, we turned to each other, and kissed each other.

|{•}|

Author's note:

I know very few people are reading this, but please, please, if you like this story even just a tiny bit, leave a short comment of what you would like in the upcoming chapters!! I would appreciate it so much!!

<3

Don't you shy awayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें