Shade No. 45

Shade No.45

~August P.O.V.~

"Auggie Pooh please tell a story." Ivanna said so sweetly as she motioned for me to pick her up, even though she was way too big to be carried but I complied because saying no to her was one of the hardest things a nigga could do.

"Oh this should be good." Trina said as she let Trey rest his head in her lap. She we rubbing her hand across his hair and you could tell Trey was too happy to have Trina's attention on him.

"Aight aight aight, I got a story about a trip to the tall grass. But if it gets to a part where y'all can't be here, y'all gotta scram to the water. I haven't decided to include it or not but for now y'all can stay." I said to all the little kids who were around me.

"We gonna need tea?" Breezy asked.

"Up to you-" He pulled out two more teas from the cooler and tossed one to Trey. "-y'all stay yoked with tea."

"We're Tea Squad, we're always ready." Breezy said proudly. Before I decide not to tell my story, let's begin.

~Let The Shade Begin~

I laid on my bed as the tour bus was taking me and my good friends to our next concert. It was tough being on the road but on the bright side we were set to perform right in Oakland, so I at least got some familiarities in this area.

I was nose deep in my phone just chillin' on Kik when I felt an abrupt bump and the bus turned sharply. Everyone else emerged from wherever they were and we all looked at each other confused.

I got up and walked down the length of the bus to where our driver was- I noticed we weren't even on the road anymore. The air bags engaged, I helped our driver out.

"You good, man?" I asked.

"I'm fine. Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah we're all good. What happened? Where are we? What's goin' on?" The road was completely deserted. Not a single car in sight or anything.

"Popped a tired. I don't have service on my phone to call triple A." He said as he looked down at his phone. At that instant, I pulled out my phone to call since I was just on my phone but it said I had no service at all. "I was gonna walk along the road till I got help or a call box."

"Aight, we'll just stay here in case if someone comes by." He nodded and hopped off the bus. Me and the guys followed behind just to inspect what tire was messed up.

I took a look around and saw nothing but grass. This shit needs to be mowed down for sure. This would be considered tick's paradise and I'm not about to be one to fuck with ticks.

"Psst!" I heard. I looked around but the guys were on the other side of the bus and that noise sounded more like a female's voice... I think I'm just hearing things because it's just me and the guys, no females- "Down here!" I heard in that voice again.

"Guys! Come here real quick." I called out as I searched around but there was no one to accompany for that voice- completely out of the blue a beam of light came down on us and suddenly I was submerged in the grass. I was shrunk down to about the size of an ant! How the hell?

The bus looked enormous and I saw the blades of grass moving to reveal my crew. I turned around and saw a female standing there with a sweet smile on her face.

"Hi." She said with a slow blink of her eyes. "Finally you see me."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Paris and welcome to the Tall Grass. Who are you?"