You Are A Burden

UNKNOWN PERSON POV;-

Seeing Dency condition her mom said" it's ok den darling, sometimes it happens, when we see someone in grievances or sorrow, they look like our own person"

"So try to get away from the incident and enjoy your weekend with us and your kids"

"Okay mamma as you all say, now I'm fine, just have a soft corner for the girl and her family" Dency said.

"That's like my good wifey, now have your lunch and take some rest, you will feel better" Sam said.

"I will take rest but, first you find out about that little girl and her family condition" den said.

So Samuel dialed Johnson number, and asked about Emily and her family condition”Hello Mr Johnson,I'm Samuel the person who admitted your relatives in the hospital and informed you about their accident”

“Sorry for the disturbance, I called you to know about your family members condition, I hope everything is fine with them four”

“Oh! Yeah hello! Mr Samuel, thanks a lot for your help, sorry to tell you my sister, brother in law and nephew is no more in this world”

“And my niece is in a coma,we are waiting for her to be conscious,”Johnson said.

"Whatttttt????? What are you talking about Mr Johnson? How is your niece now? Is she ok? Please take care of her'' Samuel said and disconnected the call.

"What happened dear? Why did you shout? Is the girl and family ok?" Dency asked.

"No wifey nothing is okay,we were too late to save them all,if someone had admitted them a few minutes before us then" Sam said and made a sad face.

"Then what honey? Tell me what happened to the little girl and family?" Den asked.

And Samuel said everything to Dency,after hearing it she felt bad for Emily and her family.

But as we all do, they too forgot about Emily and her family incident in a blink of time, and returned back to America a week after their vacation.

Coming back to the Hospital inside Emily's Room…….

Daily Emily was having a talk with her parents and brother,but everybody in her family and the doctor thought that she must be in depression so she is assuming everything.

So a week after her requiry “ Mr Johnson today you can take your niece with you,her mental condition is not yet stable,she is living in an illusion that her parents and brother are alive, and she can talk with them”.

“These are few medicines I'm prescribing for her, please make her complete the dose,maybe she will be okay to inhale the truth of her family death very soon” the doctor said.

So Johnson took Emily with him to his house and “ uncle why did you bring me to your house? Take us to our house, my university studies is going to start,Edi has his school classes,papa has to go to the office, mom has her music classes for her students” Emily asked.

“Oh! That my baby girl, I transferred your name to the nearby University of her town, I'm too much tensed about your health,so from today you will stay with us”

“And about your house,it is very dusted and untidy because of not cleaning it from months, so after cleaning it your parents and brother shift back to there in few days”

“Hmm…. weakly once or twice you can visit them all or they will visit us on the weekends,Emi darling you always wanted to stay with your darling na?( Emi and Johnson call each other darling)”

“So from today we two are going to stay with each other, come on, get inside and take some rest. Grandpa, grandma and I have arranged a room for you” Johnson said.

After making Emi rest, Johnson entered inside his room, removed his court and '' Hmm…ooff….I'm tired alot today,I need a hot shower and a good rest” turning towards his wife side “ Maggie from today we two are Emi’s parents,we have to treat her same like our son Denim” Johnson said.

“No way I'm not going to treat that orphan girl like my daughter, I have a son that is enough for me,why did you bring her here? She is a rich father's daughter,not only that they have their own mansion” Maggie said angrily.

“What are you talking about Maggie? Aren't you human? How can you be so cruel towards that little girl? Emi is my only sister's daughter,my sis is no more in this world, her soul might be hearing your words about her daughter”

“How bad she will fear if she knows what your thoughts are about her and her daughter? Leave it about my sister, think about Emi. What if she hears you? I thought you would be a good mom to her” Johnson said and went outside.

Without asking Maggie to help him in taking care of Emi, Johnson and his parents did everything for Emi,they always tried to make her happy and cheerful,they never gave an opportunity for Emi to talk about her parents.

Johnson and his parents requested the nearby famous church priest to allot a University seat for Emily in their university and she got an admission because of her good grades and marks.

Johnson bought new clothes,a college bag, and stationary items for Emi,she was very excited and happy seeing that so holding it in her hands she went into johnson room and " Mag Aunty look what uncle John bought for me, tomorrow I'm going to attend my University first class"

"Watch these items and tell me aunt am I going to look beautiful in this outfit? Is this bag good aunt? Will you accompany me tomorrow to my uni?" Emily asked with excitement.

"Whatever you bought or your uncle buyed is non of my business,and by the way nobody is going to accompany you to anywhere, because of you my son's rights are snatched" Maggie said twisting her lips.

"What happened to you aunty? Why are you talking rudely with me ? You were not like this before " Emi asked.

"Yup! You are right I was not so with you,why because you were only here like a relative here,but  now you are a burden for us all"

"The money and love which my son should get is getting you, because of you our money is wasted, why didn't you die along with your parents and brother in the car accident? Why are you here as a burden for my hubby?" Maggie said angrily and irritatedly.

"Wh... wha....what... what did you say aunty? My parents and Edi died in the accident,no it's not true, they are alive and they are with me,see they are also in shock hearing your words"

"Aunt if you don't like me tell me frankly but don't say anything  bad about my parents and brother, I won't tolerate it" Emi said angrily.

"Yup you are correct, I don't like you,I don't want to see a second in front of me in my house, you have become a burden for us"

"And about your family,I'm telling the truth, your parents and brother died on the spot during the accident,only you got rescued because of few people"

"About your parents and brother being with you everywhere,it's your illusion, your mental condition is not good that's the reason you are assuming as they are alive"

"Hmm...may be you are correct,they three might be with you as ghost hahahaha....ghost parents and brother hehehe....poor you Emily " Maggie said with a laughter.

"No it's not true you are lying,tell me the truth " Emily screamed out.

Hearing the sounds from his room Johnson rushed inside and" what is happening here? Why are you sobbing Emi dear? What did you told to her Mag?" He asked.

"Nothing John I told the truth about her parents and brother death,but this girl is not ready to swallow the truth " Maggie said.

"Oh!! No mag what did you have done? You knew everything about my niece health condition,still you did it?" Johnson said.

"Uncle, what aunty told is true or not?" Emi asked.

"Baby let me explain everything to you , please calm down..."before Johnson completes his sentence Emi fell on the floor with a"thudum" sound"

"Emiiii.... babyyyy...Emi please get up" John said holding Emi to his chest.