Part 92 - Blame

The next morning, you're awake early again, and after breakfast, you and the others head down to hair and makeup, an awkward and slightly tense silence hanging over you after last night, when Molly struts in. You can tell immediately from her gait and her expression that something is wrong - her knuckles are white as she grips her phone in one hand, and a clipboard in the other.

"Girls, Villa, now!" she demands, and you rise to your feet instantly, the others doing the same as you follow her into the living room area.

"This is unacceptable!" she exclaims without hesitation. "Do you know how lucky you are to be here?"

You spare a glance with Summer and Poppy, who look just as bewildered as you feel.

"Did we order too much room service?" Summer asks, and Poppy is quick to support her.

"You said it was complimentary."

"Dice went to his room this morning to find shellfish in his camera bag - his lenses are ruined!" Molly exclaims. "And someone wrote 'Creep' in pink zinc on the walls."

Three pairs of eyes turn to your end of the couch. A smile is playing on Summer's lips - she's thinking he deserved it, and you agree. Then Summer realises what the others are suggesting.

"What, it wasn't me!" she says defensively. "Anyway, he deserves it after what he said to Bodhi." she shrugs, and Molly gives her a confused look.

"What did he say to Bodhi?"

Wren's mouth opens, although no words come out at first. Then she appears to find some...interesting words to describe it. "Well, during Bodhi's shoot, Dice said something...problematic."

All eyes turn to Bodhi, who, unsurprisingly, doesn't repeat what Dice says. "It was nothing, please just drop it."

"Wren, this was you, wasn't it?" Summer turns to her, and suddenly everything makes sense. Wren has done exactly what Summer said she wanted to do to Dice in order to frame her.

"Summer, we all fell asleep on the couch - you disappeared." Poppy says pointedly.

"But, I was with Summer all evening - she didn't do it." you say. It's true - not that you'd think Summer did it anyway - but you don't think you actually left her side once yesterday evening.

"All evening, Y/n?" Wren pipes up. "How do we know you weren't in on it too?"

"Excuse me?!" you reply incredulously. "Me and Summer were just hanging out, we didn't go in his room." you reply.

"Sure." she mutters, and your eyes widen. "Are you calling me a liar?"

"If the shoe fits..." Wren mutters.

"Shut it, Wren." you snap, and Bodhi turns to you and Summer.

"I can't believe you guys would do this - I told you to back down," she shakes her head. "Why don't you listen?!"

"We. Didn't. Do it." you snap back, enunciating each word.

"Okay, that's enough. Summer, Y/n, I'm calling your parents."

"What? That's not fair, we didn't do anything!" Summer stands up as Molly begins typing furiously on her phone.

"That's enough. You two are on the next flight home."

You scoff and stand up - there's no way you're going to embarrass yourself by grovelling, even if by storming out it looks like you're giving attitude.

"Y/n!" you hear Summer call after you. You keep walking until you're out of sight of the others, down a side corridor in the dim light.

"This is bullshit!" you exclaim as you sense Summer come up next to you, feeling the anger rising in your chest. "I can't believe it!"