✟ 3.

3rd POV:

   As Kaylani slept quietly, others began to talk. "He wouldn't speak. We don't know anything." Sam pointed out. "Don't you think I know that? I killed him for it!" Colby snapped. "How will we get it out of her?" Corey asked as he watched the road. "She obviously doesn't know. She would've been out of here by now." Colby said, calming his voice into a quieter volume.

   "We are going to have to tell her what we are. We won't be letting her go, so why don't we explain to her the obvious reason she's here without saying too much?" Jake said. The car went quiet, as they all thought. "That's the least dumbest thing you have said today." Johnnie looked at him with a smile.

   They all looked at Colby for approval of the idea. "And what if she ends up not being who we are looking for?" Colby said. "Then we will have to keep her captive." Jake said. He looked back, glancing at all the stares of hope.

   "Fine. But I will do it. And I am not treating her any differently, even if she is who we think." He said, turning back, facing the road again. Jake cheered for himself as the other playfully cheered for him, too.

___

   After driving for over an entire day filled with Kaylani waking up, complaining about being hungry, needing to use the restroom, or just begging for answers again, they made it to their destination.

   "Take her to Johnnie's room, we have to," He paused and looked at Kaylani. "Clear a room." Tara took her hands, guiding her to the font of the house.

It was a large house that was white outside. She was amazed by the size from the outside. Once Tara opened the door, Kaylani was exposed to the large rooms and stairways.

   Kaylani didn't make Tara struggle with anything. Instead, she wanted to wait until she could find a time to run. Kaylani looked around, examining windows and doors. She spotted a door that showed a window leading to outside. "Bingo." She thought.

   "Take off your shoes." Tara said. Kaylani looked at her, Tara's shoes now off. She slipped her shoes off using the top of her feet. Once she got them off, she looked at Tara. She was looking in the mirror, fixing her hair as she held wrists her softly.

   "Nows my chance," She thought. Kaylani tugged out of Tara's touch, dashing towards the door. She reached both of her hands on the handle, twisting it. She opened the door, running out, only to be stopped but surrounding tall, wood fences.

   "Shit." She whispered. "Shit, shit, shit!" She fell to her knees, tears escaping her eyes.

   Tara approached her. "We aren't that dumb, sweet heart." She said softly, picking up Kaylani off the grass.

   She dragged her upstairs, making her way to a room. She opened the door to a small bedroom. A bed sat right next to a wall with a small shelf above it, covered with random collectibles. The right side had a shelf covered with more stuff. One large scarecrow with a pumpkin head next to it. Then, two desks and a cabinet sat at one wall, covered with computers and equipment. The cabinet had a lock on it. It was a small room, yet with so much in it.

   "You are gonna be staying in here with Johnnie, the emo. Not for too long, though." Tara told her. Kaylani stood silent, only walking into the room.

   "I think you'll like him. And soon, you will like all of us and being here."

   "Will I? Or will I die before I get a chance to even get my head straight?" Kaylani thought. "What's your name?" Tara interrupted the silence. Kaylani looked at her. "Kaylani."

   "Well, Kay, someone else will be up here soon." Tara said as she left. A click of a lock sounded. All Kaylani could do was sit. In silence. The silence of her overwhelmed thoughts.

   Kaylani sat on Johnnie's bed, not making a sound. Finally, realization hit. The bloody scenes of her new friends and best friend, her brother. The fact she was now taken from any freedom she had.

   Although all she had was her brother, she still didn't want to be taken from what she called home. She may have been "alone," but she still had a life there. And now, she couldn't proceed with her independent, free life. She was now going to have to live under the rules of these terrible people.

   Tears mark her face, leaving her exhausted. She didn't want to cry more, so she did what she usually did when she cried. Slept. She laid back, curling herself up as she let her body release the tension.

___

   "I'm going to head to sleep. Let me know when her room is ready. I'd like to lay comfortably in my own bed." Johnnie said to Sam. Johnnie traveled uo the stairs with a mini plastic cooler filled with the bags the filled while on mission.

   As he opened the door, he did it with caution. He kicked the door lightly, slowly opening it. Once he was faced at a sleeping female on his bed, he calmed his guard. He stayed quiet, setting the box on the ground as he unlocked and opened the cabinet. One other box already sat in it, and he sat the new one right next to it. He closed the doors to the cabinet, locking it again.

   He made his way to his bed. His bed was on the smaller side but not tiny. He tried to find a way to lay down without waking Kaylani. He slowly and gently rolled her closer to the wall, making just barely enough room for him. "Whatever." He thought. He climbed into the bed, covering himself with the blanket.

___

   "God Sam, hurry up and get rid of it." Corey said, referring to the rancid smell of old food. Although they had just finished throwing away foods from a mini fridge that had been setting for a while, it still lingered in the room.

   "I'm fucking trying." Sam said, his voice raising higher as he looked at Corey with his hands out. Sam opened a window, cold air hitting his face. "Air freshener is only making it worse. Just let the room air out." Corey nodded.

   Colby walked into the room that they stood in. Without even looking at them, he spoke, "Throw out all the clothes."

   "What? They are perfectly fine, though." Sam said with confusion in his voice. "She isn't to be comfortable in that shit. Look at what she is wearing now. Let alone, she is in a house filled with complete strangers now." Colby explained. "Why would we care?" Corey said. "We need what we can get." Colby shot glances at both of them before leaving the room.

___

^1155 words.

Guys, I'm sorry it's so confusing, but I promise it will all be explained further on ...

Hope it's good so far <33^