✟ 10.

Kaylani's POV:

Sunrise hit about an hour ago. All I did was continue to think, trapped in my own mind until I heard a slight band on the wall to Jake's room. I walked and knocked on his door. "Come in." I heard his voice say. I walked in and closed the door behind me. Jake looked at me and giggled. "You look tired." He pointed out. "Well, I am." He sighed and patted the open space next to him on the bed. I crawled over and sat comfortably. Our arms touched. "So, what happened with Johnnie?" I looked at my hands and began. "I ask why he was acting like I didn't exist and how it affected me, and he explained that he didn't know how to react. Him and Tara got into an argument after our kiss, and he got mad. Not too much, really to it." Jake nodded his head and looked away before quickly snapping his neck back in my direction. "Did anything else happen?" Embarrassment struck me. I looked at him and laughed a bit. "We kissed, and I left." Jake looked at me with a teasing face. "Kissed or made out?" I hit his shoulder. "Kissed, little dude." He held his shoulder, pretending to be in pain. I giggled, and he finally broke into laughter.

Jake took his phone and showed me pictures of a nice restaurant. "What?" I asked, not getting what he was doing. "It's nice, right?" Jake pointed as he scrolled through the photos again. "Yeah, what about it?" Jake looked at me like I was dumb, which probably meant I was missing a signal. "Is it nice enough for Tara?" He whispered like the walls were paper thin. I made a face of realization as Jake responded with a face that read "finally." I began. "It's beautiful, but Tara wouldn't mind if you took her to Taco Bell." Jake shrugged his shoulders. "It's still nice for her. I hope to go with her after we start talking." Jake announced. "Talking? Are you going to tell her?" I questioned with a smile. "I plan to soon." I ruffled his hair and stood up. "I hope that ends up well for you. You deserve it, bud." I made my way to the door. "Thanks." Jake responded and shot a smile at me. "We'll talk more tonight." I finished. He nodded. I opened the door behind me and backed up, leaving the room. As I turned while shutting the door, I came face to face with Corey.

"Oh? What's going on with that?" Corey asked, suspicion in his voice but teasing in his face. "What do you mean?" I played dumb. "Leaving Jake's room with a smirk. Plus, you look exhausted." I felt weirded out by how he described it, knowing what he was trying to say. "No, we aren't hooking up. I was just asking around for something to smoke. Plus, I didn't sleep last night." I spit out with an attitude as I pushed past him to try and get to my room. He reached his arm out and pushed me back. "Calm down. I don't get why you didn't sleep. You have a pretty comfy bed with TV." I stood silent as Corey paused, and realization hit his face. "Wait, sorry. I get why." It was awkward, and I was about to try and leave again, but he took a breath to speak.

"Ask Colby. He would get you something to smoke." Corey didn't look at me. Instead, he turned away from me and walked away as he spoke. I nodded and finally left for my own room. I sat on my bed as I tapped buttons on my remote until I found American Horror Story again. I decided to start from season one. Murder House. I glued my eyes to the show, ignoring the room surrounding me.

Whenever I watch something, it's like everything else disappears. I can still hear things around me, but I become so focused on the TV that, visually, everything else disappears. It was honestly a moment of peace. Binge watching shows so that you have no other worries were nice.

Three knocks sounded at my door. "Come in." I said loudly after pausing my TV. I waited a second until the door opened, Johnnie's thin figure appearing behind it. The room was lit by the TV and soft sunlight from the curtain. "What's up?" I asked as Johnnie closed the door behind him. He walked closer. "I want to talk to you." His voice was serious, which worried me. I set down the remote and sat at the edge of my bed. I patted the large open space next to me, and Johnnie took it, keeping little to no distance between us. "I don't really know how to start, so I just want to say that I don't mean anything bad." Johnnie looked at the wall, so I looked at my hands. "I'm not really a person who just kissed someone with no affection," He started. I looked at him and nodded. "I don't do hookups or friends with benefits." He put his hands in quotes as he said the last part. "I don't, either." I said, letting him know he had my attention. "Then what is going on? Why did you kiss me?" He asked as he finally looked at me. I looked at him with slight embarrassment.