✟ 7.

Kaylani's POV:

   I woke up, keeping my eyes closed as I tried to wake up more. All I heard was the air blowing through the vent in the room and sleeping breaths from Colby. My body felt comfortable and warm, the blanket slightly weighing on my body. I didn't smell much. Just cold, plain air. Once I opened my eyes, I saw nothing. I wiped my eyes, adjusting them to the darkness. It was pitch black in the room, the only light being from a digital clock that sat on my side's nightstand.

   3:34 am.

   Once my body finally woke up properly, I felt my bladder shock in discomfort. I carefully took the blanket off of me, swinging my legs to the edge of the bed. I slid myself off the bed, the cold wood floors meeting with my feet. I looked back at Colby. He was under the blanket, his back facing me. He looked back at the bathroom door, walking into it. I moved my hand along the wall of the bathroom, trying to find the light.

   Colby's room and bathroom had dimming lights, so once I found the tiny lever, I lifted it slightly. The room was lit enough for me to see, but not enough to blind me the second I saw it. I closed the door softly, twisting the handle so the click wouldn't sound.

   I lowered my pants and did what I needed. I flushed the toilet as I pulled up my pants, letting it comfortably rest on my hips. My eyes glued to the ground as I made my way to the sink. I looked up, catching myself in the mirror. For a moment, all I did was stare.

   And for some reason, I wanted to cry. A sting shocked my nose, and a lump formed in my throat. For a moment, I tried to hold it back, but I realized.

   If there was any time for a moment of complete weakness, it was now. I finally let my tears fall, one streaming down my face after each blink. My bottom lip quivered, and my nose got stuffy.

   I tried not to make any noise, covering my mouth every time I gasped for air. After a while of letting tears flood and stain my face, I realized how long I had been in the bathroom. I took deep breaths, calming my breathing.

   Once I got steady breaths, I focused on my appearance. I watched my face with water, gently massaging my eyes. I looked at the mirror, seeing my redish eyes and tinted nose. I wiped my face with a hand towel and washed my hands, drying it with the same towel. I fluffed my hair as I opened the bathroom door. I turned off the lights and looked out of the door.

   Colby was sitting up, scrolling on his phone. He looked up. I could see his face, but I was sure he couldn't see mine. I hope he wasn't woken up by me.

   I put my head down as I made my way to the bed, lifting the covers and crawling under. I laid comfortably, digging my face into the blanket.

   "You were in there a while," Colby started in a tired voice. "Why were you crying?" He asked. I felt a chill in my chest. I thought that if I just ignored him, he wouldn't ask again. Instead, he put a hand on my shoulder and turned me. I loved my head to continue looking at the wall. He used his other hand to grab my chin gently, moving my face in his direction.

   "Why were you crying?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I genuinely don't know." I said, fighting back the urge to cry again. He took his hands off me. I sat up with him, my back against the headboard. Without a moment of thinking, I leaned in and hugged him. Surprisingly, he hugged me back without a word.

   After a moment, I let go. I lied back down, making myself comfortable. "Goodnight, Colby."

   "Good night, Lani."

   Lani.

___

^684 words

Sorry for the short chapter and late post, I have been working on a new coming book as well. I also edit too, so that also takes time.

Love you guys <33. ^