✟ 6.

Kaylani's POV:

   "Sorry to interrupt this romantic interaction, but you need to come with me." Colby pointed at me. I went to ask "why" but stopped myself, remembering my situation. I stood up, making my way towards Colby.

   I found one person I could be somewhat comfortable talking to, but one person I'm still absolutely terrified of. Colby was too serious. It scared me.

   Colby grabbed my wrist when I stepped by him. It was a tight, painful grip. "I won't do anything, please let go." I asked in basically a whisper. He looked at me and let go of my wrist. I mouthed a "thank you" as he began to walk, me following behind.

   We hit the stairs, and I heard him take a breath. "Your room is still getting adjusted. Until then, you will stay in my room." He spoke. I felt a chill in my stomach. "Why not Johnnie's?" I asked. "Johnnie prefers to be alone. Plus, I have a bigger bed." We made our way upstairs, stopping at the first door in the hall.

   Colby opened the door, revealing a large, dark room. The lights were on but dimmed down. His bed was a solid black with a beautiful frame. A TV sat on the dresser right by the door.

   The room looked like a room Johnnie would stereotypically have. "How long do I have to stay in here?" I asked. "Not too long alone. I will be back later. The remote is on the nightstand on the left." Without a goodbye, he closed the door. I heard clicks of two locks.

   Even without a lock, I didn't plan to do anything. I had somewhat of an understanding as to why I'm here. And even if I did happen to try, they would get me in an instant. As long as I don't do anything dumb, I will be okay here.

___

   I laid on the right side of the bed, curling my legs up, my thighs on my stomach. The Netflix wasn't logged in, so I couldn't watch anything there. My next choice was Hulu, and it worked. I tried to remember shows that lasted a while and chose it.

   Pretty Little Liars.

   I focused my mind completely on what was playing. There wasn't anything to focus on. Well, until I heard the clicks of the locks. One lock, two, knob. I paused the TV, watching as Colby came into the room, locking the door behind him with the regular lock.

   He made his way to his dresser, pulling out a set of clothes. He didn't say a word. He didn't even look at me. "Hey." I said, breaking the silence. He didn't say anything back or even turn to me.

   "Okay." I mumbled under my breath. He walked to the left side of the bed, placing his clothes on the pillow. I unpaused the show, trying to pay attention to it. From the corner of my eye, I saw Colby lift off his shirt, revealing his fit body with few tattoos. I looked at him, scanning his body.

   His skin was a bit tan, defining his abs and v-line more. His body was attractive and eye gluing. Looking at the sight was like admiring a painting. I caught myself just staring his body down like I had absolutely no shame. I took my eyes away. "Stare more. I like the attention." Colby said, his voice soft and low. I looked back at his, catching a smug smile on his face.

   "Sorry." I said, embarrassed. He let out a breathy laugh and put on a plain black shirt. I looked away, trying not to attach my eyes to anything else on his body. "Could I get that shower and change of clothes?" I asked, staring at the TV. After a moment, I saw Colby go to a basket next to his dresser, placing the clothes he had just changed out of in it.

   "Yeah, I'll grab some clothes for you. The bathroom is right there and towels are under the sink." He pointed to a door on the left of the room. He left the room.

   I got up and made my way to the door, opening it. I turned on the lights, revealing a semi-large bathroom. It had a bathtub with a shower across from it. The sink had a marble top, a large mirror on the wall above it. The toilet was like any other, a shelf above it holding soaps and toilet paper.

   I closed the door, realizing there wasn't a lock on the handle. I looked around the door, not seeing any kind of lock. Oh well.

  I went to the shower, turning the knobs until I had my desired warmth in water. The shower was made of frosted glass and a perfect silver metal for the rims. It was a fourth of a circle that was placed in a corner. Small shelves were built into the wall, holding shampoos, conditioners, and regular body washes.

   I took a towel from under the sink, placing it on top of it. I slowly undressed myself, leaving all my dirty clothes in a pile right by the shower. I stepped into the shower. The feeling of the hot water was a comfort to me.

   Showers are calming to me. They feeling of pressure from the water against my body felt relieving. When there wasn't anything playing in the background, so you were left in silence with the sound of the water hitting the floor, almost like rain. And when music was playing, it's either just fun to sing out or listen to calming, atmospheric music. I also just liked being clean. My hair, soft and more puffy. My skin feeling more soft and just cleaner overall. I love showers.

   I was snapped out of my small trance by a knock at the door. I slightly stepped out of the falling water, wiping my face. "Yeah?" I raised my voice. All I could hear was mumbling with pauses. "Just come in." I said. I listened as the door opened, and I poked my head out of the shower. Colby stood at the door, holding clothes and other objects in a bag.

   "Hm?" I hummed, questioning what he needed. "Tara forgot actual sleeping clothes and underwear, so I grabbed you some of my clothes." He said, holding them up in his hand. "Okay, just set it on the sink with the towel, please." I told him. He placed the clothes on the towel, eyeing the shower. I was curious about what he was looking at until I remembered the state.

   Frosted glass, outline. "Anything else?" I asked, rushed. "Tara got you other stuff, too. So that's on the other side right here. He said, placing the bag down on the opposite side of the sink. "Okay, thank you." He gave the shower one last glance before he turned and left the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

   For the rest of my shower, I couldn't help but think of the stares. I washed my body, then my hair. I turned off the water. Before I stepped out, I rang out my hair a few times. I stepped out of the shower and traveled to grab the towel. I shook my hair in the towel, trying to make it stop rapidly dripping.

   I wrapped my body in the towel as I looked at what was in the bag. Toothbrushes and toothpaste, a hair brush, face moisturizer, hair oil, and lotion. I took the lotion, spreading it around my body. Once finished, I grabbed the face moisturizer and applied a little bit under my eyes.

   I finally began to get dressed. I took a packet of men's boxers and opened them. I slid on a red, pleaded pair, covering them with grey sweatpants matched with a plain black t-shirt. Basically, exactly what Colby was wearing, except his pants were black.

   I shook my hair through the towel once more before adding small amounts of hair oil. I brushed my fingers through my hair, gently undoing any knots I could find. I placed what I finished using, back into the bag, taking out the toothbrush and paste after. I brushed my teeth like normal and rinsed off the brush once finished. Like the other stuff, I placed them back in the bag and left the bathroom, turning off the light.

   Colby looked at me as he sat up on the bed without a cover. As mentioned, he wore black sweat pants but now had no shirt. "What do I do with the towel and clothes?" I asked, looking at random stuff so I wouldn't look at him. "I'll get them in the morning." His voice was deep and quiet. He grabbed the remote and played my show as I walked to the bed. I lifted the covers, climbing up and laying on my side, hugging the edge.

   "Make yourself comfortable. There is plenty of room." I scooted barely an inch. "Would it make you feel better if we used different blankets?" He asked, a sweet tone entering his voice. I don't know what it was, but it made me feel comfort. The way he realized I was uneasy and didn't take it out on me. Instead, offered ways to fix it. I shook my head, scooting comfortably onto the bed, hugging the blanket as I watched the TV until I fell asleep.

___

^1577 words.

1k reads!!! Thank you guys so much, so far, I have been enjoying writing this and I hope you guys like it so far <33

Love you <3. ^