✟ 4.

Kaylani's POV:

   I woke up, feeling a headache from all the crying after yesterday. When I lifted my head, I was met with sunlight barely shining through a thick black curtain.

   At first, I didn't realize anything around me. All I was focused on was my headache and the wall I was facing. I turned to see the emo male from yesterday.

   "Shit." I was hoping all of it was just a really long nightmare, but obviously, it wasn't. I carefully climbed over him, letting my feet hit the floor before I picked up a slightly faster pace, still slow.

   If Johnnie was asleep, others were most likely too. I tip toed to the door, reaching for the handle. As I twisted the handle, I heard him speak with a low, tired voice. "Don't be an idiot. They are all awake."

   I turned to face him, meeting eyes with him. His eyes didn't have the eyeliner like before. He also had more detail to his skin, now that he had no makeup on. He was beautiful. I thought he was fine with the makeup, but his natural face? I snapped at myself, not letting his attractiveness make me forget why I was here.

   "So what am I to do? Just sit in this room?" I crossed my arms. "Not this room." He snickered. "What?" He looked away from me as he got up from his bed. "Look, we are all doing things today to make sure you will be alright here. Starting with your own room." He told me. "Well, maybe instead, you could let me go." He looked at me again, this time with an odd smirk. "Cute." He looked away as he grabbed clothes.

   "Well, at least let me know why I'm here?" I looked at him with my hands out. "I can't do that."

   "Why not? Why can't I know why I am in danger?" I begged. "You aren't in danger if you are here."  He said with quotes. I went to speak again, but he cut me off. "God, Colby will be up to get you in a minute." He left without letting me speak. Just like Tara had done, a lock clicked.

   I waited. Sitting on a chair that was pulled into a desk. I ran my hair through my hair. My hair felt greasy, and then I remembered I was in the same exact clothes as yesterday. I always felt so gross when my hair wasn't washed or I was in dirty clothes.

   As I waited, I continued to run my hand through my hair, being bothered by my hygiene state. I stood up, hearing someone unlock the door. Once the person on the other side opened the door, he looked at me. I looked at him. "Come on." He said, not making eye contact with me. I came up to the door, getting out as Colby closed the door behind me. Before we moved a step, I opened my mouth to speak.

   "Can I get a shower. And maybe a change of clothes as well?" I looked at him, keeping my voice sweet and calm. He looked at me. No anger seemed to show. Since the first time I saw him, he always had a look of some kind of negativity. Whether it was annoyance, anger, or just exhaustion, it was always negative. His face showed he was tired but calm.

   "Tara is going out to get you new clothes in a minute. Just tell her what kind of clothes you want." I looked at him with confusion. Why would she be getting me clothes? Let alone clothes that I actually like? "What?" He asked. "Why am I getting clothes?" He looked away from me and sighed. He started to walk, and I followed behind me.

   "You are staying here. And I know all of us have told you that." He said. "But why? No one has told me why." I let my voice fill with vulnerability. All he did was sigh. He picked up his speed as we went down the stairs.

   "Please. Just tell me."

   "Fine! Fucks sake!" He snapped, flaring his hands. "Sit there." He pointed to a chair at an island as we entered the kitchen. I sat at the chair he pointed to, watching as Colby traveled around the kitchen.