✟ 8.

Kaylani's POV:

   After waking up this morning, I was greeted by Colby.

   "I took care of your clothes and towel, go ahead and take a shower, I'll have Tara bring you up and outfit." I nodded and thanked him. He left the room as I walked to the bathroom. I brushed my hair and took a towel from under the sink. Just like last night, I showered and then did basic care once I was finished.

   I didn't see anything in the bathroom to wear, nor did I even hear anyone come into the bathroom. I poked my head out of the restroom, seeing a neatly folded outfit on the bed with the boxers packet that Colby gave me last night and a packet of socks. I walked out with the towel wrapped around me. I quickly changed into the clothes. The outfit was cute.

   Khaki colored, baggy cargos matched with a brown, vintage graphic designed shirt that had one shoulder falling off. I went to the bathroom, backing up to see my full body in the large mirror. The outfit was cute, but I looked down at my feet. I had no shoes to match or any shoes in general, really. All I had were my raggedy, dark blue converse with the filthy rubber, basically beginning to talk.

   I went back to the room and took the socks, sliding on a white pair. Once finished, I grabbed my clothes from last night and towel. I reached for the door, hoping it was unlocked, and it was. Once I made my way in the hall, I heard talking downstairs. Loud, high-pitched laughter and deep voices that I could easily identify as Jake and Johnnie.

   I made my way down as faces turned to me. "Do you want me to get that?" Corey asked as he turned back, holding a cup of water. "I got it, I just need to know where the wash room is." I said awkwardly as the four faces looked at me. Tara, Jake, Johnnie, and Corey all stood in the kitchen, different areas, and spaced out. "Come on." Johnnie's said gently as he walked in front of me. I followed.

   We walked through a part of the house I hadn't been to yet. It was dimly lit but in a comforting style.

   He opened a door to a room with only two machines and a shelf with multiple containers and a box. He held his hands out, and I handed him the pile of clothes. He tossed them into the machine on the left, adding liquids and beads from the containers. I looked at him.

   He had such beautiful features. He didn't have any makeup on, so I could notice his eyes more. The color was beautiful. Without makeup, he looked more tired, but that's hot. I can't even explain how beautiful he is. His tattoos and piercing made him ten times finer.

   "Just come back in an hour and switch it over." He said as he looked at me. I nodded and smiled. "Okay, thank you." I said, and he nodded. We both walked out of the room and made our way back to the kitchen where everyone was talking again.

   "Oh! By the way, Kay, I'm leaving again later to get the stuff I missed." Tara said with a smile. I nodded and thanked her. "Well, Corey and I have to go get that shit done for Sam and Colby." Jake said as he picked up keys. "Then I guess I'm leaving now." Tara smiled at me and grabbed her own keys. "You got her?" Corey asked as he looked at Johnnie. "I guess." Johnnie said, sounding tired.

   Everyone collectively said their goodbyes and left the house. "I planned on practicing today. Is that fine?" Johnnie asked. "Yeah, that's fine." I responded. Practice? I wasn't sure what he was practicing, but it might be fun. Things have been pretty boring. He led the way back upstairs, holding the door open for me to his room. I walked in and sat at the end of his bed, my legs crossed.

   He picked up a guitar and sat next to me, only inches away. I watched as he set it up on his leg and placed his fingers on certain strings. "So, you make music?" I asked before he started. "Yeah. I just released a new song last night." He responded with a smile as he continued to prepare his guitar. "Can I hear?" I asked with curiosity. He looked at me and nodded.