✟ 5.

Johnnie's POV:

   I was strictly told what I could say. If I said too much, we both could be killed.

   "We are all some kind of monster." I said. I watched as she picked up her head, he dark brown, just about black eyes looking at me. "Monsters?" I nodded. She looked annoyed and confused. "If you are just going to lie to make me look stupid, then fuck off." She said. I gave her a serious look. "Are you serious? You haven't noticed?" I said.

   She didn't say anything, just gave me a dirty face. "What kind of monsters?" She asked, crossing her arms. "Supernatrual."

   "So, like, vampires and werewolves?" She shifted her body. "Yeah. That category." I said, sipping off my bag once more until it was finished. I watched as she looked around with only her eyes, seeming to be putting things together. "So, I'm guessing you are a vampire." I nodded. "And Jake is a werewolf." I said. "What are the others? I don't see many signs for them. It was easy for you two. I mean, you were just drinking blood, and Jake was eating raw meat and sniffing around like a dog."

   "Well, Tara is a siren."

   "Like, half mermaid?" She said. "Kind of." "Well what does she do? You all have some kind of thing. Jake can smell anything and everything. You can hear shit. What the fuck does a siren do?" She spoke quickly. I tried to find words to describe it. "You know when your friends shot themselves?" I looked at her face as it changed to a more dull expression. She nodded as she leaned closer from across the table.

   "That was Tara." Confusion plastered her face. "When someone can hear her hum or sing, or she comes into physical contact with someone, it basically puts them into a spell. Like mind control." I said, picking up my phone to do my own thing as I explained. "That's amazing." She said.

   "And what about the other three?" I sighed, trying to find a way to describe Corey and Sam. "Well, Sam and Corey have the same thing. We aren't sure what they are, but we know what they can do." She nodded, signaling she was listening. "botanokinesis." She looked at me with the dumbest look ever. I giggled at the face.

   "Manipulation of plants. They make stuff like vines, grass, branches, and trees grow or shrink at rapid paces." I paused. "Like I said, we have no idea what they are, but they are good for our team." She looked at me with understanding. "And Colby?"

   "Shapeshifter." Her jaw dropped. "That's so cool, but why is he the boss here? It isn't that powerful." Her words were true, but there was so much Colby could do with what he is. "He isn't the boss because of his strength. It's because he is the most intelligent. He takes this seriously, very seriously. All of us are smart in different ways, but Colby is mostly strategy smart." I watched as Kaylani got up from her seat and approached me, sitting in the seat next to me.

   "And you guys don't have a problem with that?" I shook my head. "Why would we?" I paused. "Sure, he can be a complete dick. But he can do something most of us can't." She looked at me. "And that is?" I sighed. "Kill." I started. "Don't get me wrong, we can all kill someone, but Colby can do it so coldly. I can't tell if he thinks about it after, but he never lets himself break." I took a minute to think after a spoke. Colby could do anything without any break of emotion. It was always that dull, unsatisfied emotion.

   Colby was a good friend, though. Whenever we all had time to actually chill and hang out as a group, he was a fun guy. His smile was always bright enough to light up the room. And sometimes, I wish that could be something often. It sucks not being able to have fun as much. But that's what I was warned about before I joined this shit.

   My thoughts were interrupted by Tara's high voice. "I'm leaving for the mall, what kind of clothes do you like, Kay?" She asked, waiting for Kaylani to answer. It seemed like a hard question to her. "Just baggy clothes, I guess. Jeans, cargos, shorts." She answered. "What kind of shirts?" Tara asked, typing on her phone. "Band shirts or just anything cool or pretty." Tara smiled. "Okay, I can do that." She gave us goodbyes, and I listened as the door opened, then closed.

   "Is that really your style?" I asked. She looked at me confused. "Yeah. It's a cool style, very comfortable too." I nodded. "Does it match your music?" I asked, trying to start conversation. "I'm not sure what my music would be to match it, but I don't really think so."

   "What kind of music do you listen to?" "I listen to just about anything I think is good, but my favorite right now is probably Sleeping with Sirens." She said. I smiled. "Sleeping with Sirens is pretty good. Their older songs mostly." I said. "Do you like Dashboard Confessional?" I watched as her face lit up at the question. "Yeah! My favorite song is Hands Down." She said excitedly. "Thats a great song. Vindicated is pretty good song too."

   For the next couple of minutes, we talked about music until we crossed into other kinds of conversation about our interests. Oddly, it was a nice conversation. She seemed sweet. She can definitely hold a conversation and likes to talk about things she likes. I dont blame her though, I do too. Although of our good conversation, it was sadly interrupted by Colby.

___

^969 words

I am sorry for how long it took for this to come out, but I actually almost died last night lol /srs.

BUT THEY DIDNT GET US SO MORE CHAOTERS BOOKS EDITS EVERYTHING 😛.

Love you pookies <3.^