✟ 13.

3rd POV:

   As the pair that sat in the middle of the room began to wake up, all the others stood around the room. Jake stood in front of the women, gun in his hand. Colby stood in front of the male, gun in his belt. Reggie, Corey and Jillian stood together by the door, staying cautious of anything outside. Corey sealed the door, hiding it on the outside. Johnnie stood against the wall on the opposite side of the room from Reggie and them.

The pair looked around, panic shooting across their faces. “What the fuck?” The woman whispered with anger and confusion. The male took a good look at Colby. “Shit.” He mumbled. “Yeah, shit.” Colby copied. “Carlos and Helene Stone.” Colby started. “It's Helene West.” The woman corrected. “I don't care, you know why you both are in here.” The male shook the chair, trying to lift himself. Colby just scoffed at him.

   “What the hell is this about?” Helene questioned. “We know what you have been hiding, and we want everything you know.” Jake explained. “You obviously don't know shit, considering I am here.” She barked back. Jake sighed. “You abandoned your life years ago, leaving your son, Mike Stone, to take care of your daughter.” Jake began. The woman's eyes widened. “And you did this, why?” He asked. “I couldn't take care of her.” She answered. “Oh, shut the fuck up, you know that's not why.” Carlos interrupted. Colby hit the male harshly across the face. “You aren't being talked to.” Colby told him. The male stared back angrily.

   “So, the truth is, you were just too full of yourself. You didn't care about your children. You cared about your reputation. And what would bash that more than having a baby with a man who wasn't your original lover?” Jake was the only voice filling the room. Everyone stood silent, letting Jake do his magic. “So you killed your husband, abandoned your children and ran off this idiot.” He pointed to Carlos. Carlos bit his tongue. The woman seemed to be on the verge of tears.

   “You’ve already failed at being a wife and mother. What makes you think you can continue to be a leader of an entire gang?” The woman finally broke. “You want to know about the beast?” Her voice cracked. Jake nodded. “Don't fucking say anything!” The male yelled. Colby took his gun, placing it to the top of the male's head. “Shut the fuck up, or I blow a hole into your skull.” Colby threatened. The male fell silent, his breathing growing heavier. “She is close,” Helene started.

___

Kaylani’s POV:

   About an hour ago, Sam rushed into the car with Tara. I watched as the vines lowered, quickly disappearing just to rise again after Tara and Sam were sitting next to me in the car.

   He held her in his arms before setting her down, her body slumped. She seemed to be sleeping. “Is she okay?” I asked. Sam calmly responded. “She’s going to be fine. Just overworked her.” I nodded. For the rest of the wait, Sam used his phone as I sat silently, Tara still sleeping.

   Before I could process, the vines disappeared quicker than before, revealing the entire group outside of the car. Rapidly, Sam and Tara fit into the back, letting Johnnie join them. Jake, Reggie, and Jillian squeezed in the middle seat, Jillian sitting on Jake's lap to fit into the car. Corey rushed into the passenger seat, Colby ending up in the driver's seat.

   Without a thought, we immediately drove off. Everyone sat silent, heavy breaths from everyone. That's how it was the whole ride back to the hotel.

   We all crowded out of the car. Colby demanded we all go to his hotel room and wait for him, so we did. We all sat around silently. I felt out of place. Everyone else crowded themselves into a group, but I stood alone. Jake, Johnnie, Tara, and Jillian stood on the left side of the room. Corey, Sam, and Reggie stood on the right. After not very long, Colby rushed into the room.