✟ 14.

Johnnie’s POV:

   “Okay, I'm gonna do this, and you are gonna pass out for a while. You won't feel anything but the bite.” I explained to her as I placed my eyes on a vine in her neck. I brung myself closer to her neck. I quickly sunk my teeth into her neck, making sure I hit the vein. In seconds, I listened as she took one last breath close to my face before she fell to the ground.

   “Jesus, how does that shit even work? It's like she's dead.” Jake commented, looking at me with a grossed out face. “She basically is.” I responded. Jake gave me a confused face. “It's basically like venom. I bit into a vein, leaving my “venom” to run through her blood streams and stop her heart.” I explained as I made my way to the bed everyone crowded. Jake nodded his head.

   “Enough chit chat. It's time to figure this shit out.” Colby stopped all sidebar conversation. He opened the file, revealing outrageous amounts of pictures, notebook pages, and printed pages. Each page that had handwritten or typed notes were filled, obviously the handwritten appearing more messy and unorganized.

   Colby first grabbed the photos and spread them along the bed. I looked at them with furrowed eyebrows, keeping my focus on analyzing and piecing together anything I can on my own.

   All of the pictures contained the same women, all from different angles, settings, and clothing. She had long, straight, black hair. It definitely wasn't a natural black, as it had the shine that came with dyed jet black hair. In the photos with a straight face, she looked mean. Unapproachable. That assumption changed when seeing her smile. Her smile was genuine in each photo. She was beautiful with a nice style that would bring out her beauty more.

   I looked back at the others, breaking my thoughts from the photos. I caught a look at Jillian’s face. She looked shocked. As if she knew who it was already.

   “Katrina?” She said with low volume, causing all of us to look at her. Colby gave her a confused look. “Yeah. Katrina Stuart.” He said. Jillian stood up straight, not taking her eyes off the photos. “This is who we have been looking for?” Jillian asked. “Yeah.” Jake answered. Jillian still had the face of shock. In an odd way, it seemed betrayed.

   Sam looked through the photos, staring at them heavily. He dragged his finger across one photo, his face changing. “Jillian. Is that you?” He pointed to a photo. We all placed our eyes on the photo as he pointed to a female that wasn't “Katrina.” The photo seemed to be taken from far away. They seemed to be in some kind of cafe as there were small tables in the back with people that had small white cups. It was two girls.

Katrina and…

Jillian.

   “Yes. That's me.” Jillian said, finally taking her eyes off the photos. I looked at her as tears filled her eyes. “She's my best friend, man.” Colby shot her a nasty, angered look. It was understandable why she was crying. “Are you fucking serious, Jillian?” Colby raised his voice. Instead of watching the interaction, we all looked down at our feet, still listening.

   “I'm sorry, Colby. I don't know how I didn't figure it out.” Jillian apologized, her voice growing shaky. “You should be sorry. If you had just opened your damn eyes, we could've been in a better fucking state.” Colby yelled. We all refused to lift our eyes back on the two. “You know what, come with me. The rest of you, figure some shit out.” We all lifted our heads.

   Jake and Reggie had concern spread across their faces as they watched Colby grab Jillian's wrist and drag her out of the room. Just looking at Jake, you could tell he wanted to leave with them, but couldn't. None of us could ever go against Colby.