Chapter 1

Author's POV

"Ishi beta aaj toh jaldi uth jaa teri engagement h aaj beta kitne saare kaam pade h" Rashmi shouted as she was in living room downstairs.
"Ha maa mujhe pata aapko batane ki zarurat h and for your information I've woken up a long time ago i was just getting ready" she said as she walked downstairs to the living room.

"aaj suraj kis disha se nikla h ye itni subah uthkar taiyyar bhi hogyi h madam" rashmi said looking at aman.
"Areyy maa aaj iski engagement jo hone wali h yash ke sath khushi ke maare soyi hi nai hogi" said amit teasingly.

Ishika started to blush at her brother's words and everyone burst into laughter.
"Bss karo tum log meri bacchi ko koi nai chidayega". Said aman while smiling.
________________________________
Time skipped to evening.

Ishika was all dressed in her pretty pure white floral lehenga. While her bestfriend shreya was doing her makeup after her makeup was done she helped ishika standing up and said "omggg!!! Ishiiiii you are looking heavenly gorgeous"
Shukriya shree as a tear of happiness flowed down her eyes.
"Jaa tu bhi jaake jaldi se taiyyar hoja" said ishika trying to hide her tears.
"Areyy ishii tu aese roo mat nai toh mai tujhe chodke kahi nai jaungi" said shreya engulfing her in a warm hug.
"Now you sit here and I'll go and quickly get ready" said shreya as she moved towards closet.
While downstairs sharmas had arrived and amit came to call her sister as he saw her in that lehenga he said "aaj thodi insaan lag rahi h tu" teasing her to which she slightly hit his arm and said "tu ek din bhi meri dhang se taarif nai kar skta na" to which he opened his arms for her to hug him "i was just teasing you dii you are looking the prettiest" said amit as she hugged him back.
"Oye bhai bhen ki jodi mujhe akele chod rahe ho" came shreya's voice as she came running to join the hug. "Okay now come on lets take you downstairs" said shreya as they both took her downstairs.
As she was walking her eyes looked for her yash the person she has loved for past 2 years and was finally going to get engaged with him. She was soo happy as he forwarded his hand to her to come onto the stage which she held happily.

And the engagement was done as both the groom and bride slid the rings down on each others hands.
And everyone clapped and congratulated each other.
________________________________
2 weeks had been passed and all the marriage functions were held beatifully and finally tomorrow was the day of their marriage.
Ishika was soo happy as she was thinking about her married life with yash. Tomorrow was going to be the best day of her life as she thought about it and let sleep engulf her.
________________________________
The wedding evening

Ishika's POV
I was sitting in my room all ready to get married to the love of my life in few hours i was alone as shreya was outside making sure all the preparations are done properly.

I came out of my chain of thoughts as i heard some voices they were my parents. As they came in all tensed.

What's wrong maa?! I knew something bad has happened still i asked.

Please don't feel sad dear but y-y-yash ran a-away. She said stuttering.

I exactly understood what has happened but still I asked her stuttering. "r-ran away what d-do y-you mean maa"?!

"You know what it means dear" she said engulfing me in a warm hug.

The moment she hugged me i felt like everything was over all my dreams were shattered to core and there was only one question i needed an answer to as why did he ran away?! didn't he loved me?! Tears started flowing from my eyes as i hugged my mother tightly.

Few minutes later as i was calmed down my mother sat beside me and after hearing what she said i was completely blank as to what should I do.

"Marry shaurya ishi beta" she said.
How can i marry him mom he's the elder brother of the person i was supposed to marry?! I said completely shocked.

Please dear he is the only person who'll marry you without any condition cause if you don't get married today everyone will think ill of you and people will gossip as to why the groom ran away from his own marriage even when it was a love marriage. Please dear think about it with a clear head we are doing for your own good. She said cupping my cheeks.

But maa he is almost 7-8 years older than me. I said

Dear, age doesn't matter if he's a good person at heart and we all know we have seen him around during the marriage functions he not a bad person you can get to know him after getting married. She said expecting a positive response from me.

Okay maa I'll do it. I said as i stood up to go out in the mandap for starting marriage rituals.

As i reached mandap my eyes filled with tears as i saw shaurya bh-- shaurya standing there where he was supposed to be. I went ahead he forwarded his hand to me but i ignored him and stand beside him as pandit ji started reading mantras as soon after

"Aaj se aap dono pati patni h" Pandit announced as my world shattered in front of me.

Soon after that it was the time for my vidaai and i cried soo hard clinging onto my parents and my brother and they cried with me too cause we all knew what had happened and how both me and shaurya's life can be destroyed in this meaningless and loveless relationship.
_________________________________________

Please please follow me on Instagram and help me grow!!🤍🤍