Chapter 20

Shaurya's POV

Hours turned into days , days turned into weeks , weeks turned into months and still ishika is laying down on that hospital bed lifeless it's been 6 months since that incident happened and doctor informed us about ishu's condition so much has changed ever since at first it was very difficult for me to compose myself and stay strong but i had to for our families both my and ishi's parents were so worried and our moms just couldn't stop crying so for them i had to show a strong face now every day it has become a duty of mine to check on them and make sure if they are having their meals properly without skipping them.

As for amit he always comes at night every day to check on ishika and sometimes I have even saw him crying silently in the corridors of hospital ofcourse he would cry what brother wants to see their sister in this condition but ofcourse even he is putting on a strong face because we have to stay strong for our parents if we will also breakdown in front of them then who will take care of them.

And that son of a bitch yash that filthy brother of mine he was arrested the same day of the incident as when amit had arrived he had brought police force along with him and just when we left the place with ishika they did their work and arrested him and that psycho yash also confessed to his crimes and is rotting in jail now.

And about me, i have not shed a single drop of tear after that day i made sure that i had to stay strong and after what doctor said i made sure to always put on a smiling face whenever I'm in ishika's room because as per doctors her mind can be alerted about her surroundings so it will be best to help her heal faster if we keep spreading a happy and positive atmosphere around her i haven't left her side even for a single day i do my work from hospital only and i haven't even gone back home i just sleep here in ishika's room on the couch as my mother had got me all my necessities i always bring in different types of food ishika loves so thst she could feel it. i talk to her about my whole day and tell her who else came to meet her.

Just like every day today also I'm here in ishika's room looking at her from time to time and whenever i look at her everything that happened that day flashes in front of my eyes and all i can think of is how i wasn't able to save her he pushed her off right in front of me and i couldn't do anything to save her and now because of me she's laying here in this hospital bed i curse myself every day for letting this happen to her it all just got too overwhelmed for me so i ran out of her room and on the way i bumped into someone i looked up to see who it was and it was arav he and shreya had came to visit ishika.

Tears welled up in my eyes which I was holding back for so many months and i didn't wanted to show them that I'm a week person so i just ran past them outside in the garden near the hospital.

I sat down on the bench at the corner placing both my hands on either side of my head it was like I'm losing my shit then my eyes fell on an elderly couple the old lady was sitting on the wheelchair in the hospital gown and the old man was kneeling in front of her with a tiffin box filled with food and he was gently making her eat with all the care in the world the old lady would make faces at the taste of that food but still would eat it like a obedient child after one cute glare of the old man and from time to time the man would wipe the old lady's face with a handkerchief lightly looking at them i don't know when a smile automatically appeared on my face as i could see myself and my ishi in them we would be just like them as an old couple but still together and loving each other.

As i was lost in my thoughts someone tapped on my shoulder i looked up to see and it was aarav.

"Tera phone kaha hai bhai kabse tujhe call kar raha hu mai!!" He almost yelled at me.

"Arey phone charge nai hai mera. Kya ho gya?" I asked him.

"Bhai ishika ke hatho mein movement hua hai abhi jab shreya uske pass baith kar usse baat kar rahi thi aur mai yahi batane ke liye tujhe call kar raha tha par tu hai ki yaha baitha hai" he said and tears welled up in my eyes after hearing him.

"Bhai ye rone ka waqt nai hai hum isse ek nayi umeed samjh skte hai ki somewhere maybe even she's fighting her demons to come to us toh hame strong hona padega" he said as he patted my back trying to console me and i literally ran towards ishika's room wiping my tears and aarav followed behind.

I reached her room opened the door and went inside and shreya told me everything about her condition and also said that doctor told her that it was a positive response and that maybe she soon be back to normal.

Saying all this she left the room leaving me alone with ishika and i walked towards her and sat on the chair beside.

Please please follow me on Instagram and help me grow!!🤍🤍