6

After ironing out the details of next action to be taken following Wooyoung and Hyunwoo's fight, both boys left the principal's office to return to class.

San had found he could still not calm down. He had been brought up to respect the life and choices of those around him, no matter their preferences. Hell, San never even found it necessary to label his own, believing he was capable of love in all forms. It just depended on the person. So to hear someone be so viciously attacked based on their sexual orientation had lit a fire of fury deep within him.

"San? San?"

San spun to face Wooyoung, taking him fully in now they were back alone, finding that he looked every bit as appealing as he had when they first laid eyes on each other.

Stop staring, he's been through enough this morning. He reminded himself. He didn't want to leer or make him uncomfortable, and so withdrew his gaze.

"Sorry, Wooyoung. Just in my head a little. I'm really, so sorry that this has happened to you. Nobody deserves that. I dread to think of the others that he's done that to and have just been brushed under the carpet. I can't help but think more of my peers must've known, and it just never got back to me. The thought makes me fucking sick..."

Wooyoung smiled softly as San ranted out a little. Unbeknownst to the rambling taller, he thought he was stunning. Built and broad, sharp defined features, thick black hair cut short but styled flawlessly, slim dark eyes, with deep dimples that presented even without a smile.

"... and I won't be having a repeat of this again. I'm not going to have your first and last year here ruined because of assholes like that. If any more decide to surface, they can take it up with me."

San finished his one-sided outburst as Wooyoung stood idly, now slightly away somewhere in his own head. He was a strong-willed individual, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't a little bit disheartened at the fact it only took a short time upon his arrival at a new school before someone had singled him out. When he was in the midst of transferring from his last place, his parents had done everything they could research-wise in finding a good school to ensure he could finish his Senior year trouble free. So much for that.

Both boys were pulled from their own thoughts as Hwa started bouncing down the hall toward them.

"Jesus, I couldn't get away from Mr Sang for the life of me. I only went for a piss and he flagged me down to tell me all about his divorce over the break in full detail."

Hwa looked Wooyoung up and down as he stood next to San.

"...Why are you not in handcuffs?"

"Hwa, don't." San warned lightly.

"Don't what? Did you see what he did to Hyunwoo? Kid busted his face clean open. That's a member of our team, San. You don't even know this guy. You? Who do you think you a-"

"Hwa, fucking leave it."

San shifted Wooyoung behind his own frame as he realised Hwa was stepping forward, even if not intentionally doing so.

Hwa stopped in his tracks, moving his stare confusedly between both boys.

"Hyunwoo isn't who you think he is, Hwa. Woo, do I have your permission to go on?"

As San turned back slightly to look down and meet Wooyoung's face with a softened look, the shorter nodded before looking down with a little blush on his cheeks at the already-assigned nickname that rolled effortlessly from San's tongue.

God, he's so fucking hot. Not the time, Woo.

"Wooyoung never started the fight, he was attacked when Hyunwoo saw him putting on fucking lip balm. Woo, please can you play the video for Hwa?"

As Wooyoung pulled his phone out and began to play the video, Hwa listened as his expression distorted from baffled, to shocked, to outright enraged.

"That's why Hyunwoo is sat getting his face bandaged up right now, Hwa. He's a homophobic prick and he's lucky we didn't get there sooner, can you imagine what Mingi would've done if he'd overheard that shit coming out of his mouth?" San remarked, Wooyoung in the dark about the comment.

"Fuck, Wooyoung right? I'm so sorry man. That was hard to listen to. I can't imagine what it was like to experience it first-hand. I'm sorry I didn't hear your side sooner, I guess I just thought I knew Hyunwoo through and through, he's been around me for years. Fuck that dickhead. Anyway, you've got us now! I'll reintroduce myself as less of an asshole. I'm Hwa, the most gorgeous and charming man you will ever come across. Of course, you've met my lovely best friend and humble servant, Sanniewanniebonann-"

Hwa was shortly shut up by a firm hand over his mouth, courtesy of San as he rolled his eyes shot over an apologetic look to a chuckling Wooyoung.

"Sorry about him. You'll realise soon enough that something is seriously wrong with him."

"I don't mind. It's lovely to meet you Hwa."

Wooyoung politely bowed his head and San watched with a small curved smile. He adored simple manners and shows of respect as he practiced them so much himself. Wooyoung seemed sweet, but a brief recall back to earlier in the office shot through him rapidly.

"You look pretty fucking hot when you're mad. Wanna take that anger out on me, Head Boy?"

Was that Wooyoung and this shy one giggling away at his friend even the same person?