33

"You look just as beautiful as I said you would, baby." San concluded as he took in Wooyoung. The two had showered (individually, against San's wishes) and dressed, ready to leave for the party any moment. San had assured Wooyoung that whenever he wanted to, he could simply alert San of his desire to go home at any time, and the shorter thanked him appreciatively.

"Thank you, Sannie. You look really good too. I'm not looking forward to having you pulled away from me left, right and centre by everyone wanting 5 minutes alone with the school's star athlete." Wooyoung kidded, but with slight real concern in his words. He knew San would be the centre of attention just as much outside of school grounds than he was in them. Especially adorned in a muscle-clinging black designer t-shirt, tucked loosely into dark ripped jeans that accentuated his football thighs perfectly despite the baggy fit, finished off with Dior sneakers.

"I can socialise with you right by my side, Youngie. I'll never stray far from you. If it's not me, it'll be one of the other three with you. I know you're a little anxious, but it's perfectly understandable and you don't have to do anything you don't want to. Just say the word and we'll leave, okay angel?" San spoke as he held the shorter's hands, kissing his fingers one by one.

Wooyoung affirmed with a nod and a smile, allowing San to pull him from the bedroom and downstairs toward the door. San grabbed his car keys, having insisted on driving to make their departure more accessible. He wasn't really a big drinker anyway, so it was no loss. They passed the living area to say goodbye to San's parents, as they wished them both a good night and to have fun and take care of each other.

————————————

"Is it just going to be students from our school, Sannie?" Wooyoung queried as the two neared the house holding the bash. He noticed they were passing bundles of young adults heading in the same direction as them, trying to remember any faces he'd scanned in his first week of school.

"Typically not, babe. It always starts out as one for just us, but other students catch wind of a party being thrown and tend to rock up at some point. It's always good fun though, there's never really been any problems. We get along with our neighbouring schools."

San reversed into an available parking spot on the street behind the party house, telling Wooyoung he preferred to keep his car out of way due to someone being sick all over it, which of course drew a pitiful giggle from the shorter. As they came to a halt, he gave the Wooyoung's hand one last kiss and a squeeze, checking for the millionth time if he was sure he was okay to go. Wooyoung confirmed and they exited the vehicle, turning the corner and luckily catching their three friends also walking to the entrance. Upon landing sight of Wooyoung in the distance, Hwa wriggled off of Mingi's back (after forcing the boy to carry him for the majority of their journey) and sped over to the shorter.

"YOUNGIEEEEEEE!!"

Wooyoung had approximately 5 seconds to physically prepare for his much taller friend to launch at him. Not wanting their night to start and end with a hospital trip, San sighed and propped himself behind Wooyoung and catch the combined weight of the two boys.

"SEONGIEEE!" Wooyoung clapped his hands and held out his arms as the force of Hwa hit him like a truck, stumbling back into what he recognised almost immediately as San's firm chest, immensely grateful for the boys quick thinking.

"You came! I'm so glad you came. Tonight is going to be lots of... much fun. I ate 6 drinks. Heheh. All my drinks and Yungi's drinks. Tasty." Hwa hiccuped, now dangling between both boys as he used them like an uneven swing.

San bared most of the dead weight of his best friend, who had either accidentally or intentionally greeted only Wooyoung and not him. He couldn't bring himself to be offended though. Seeing the excitement between the two instilled a sweet feeling deep within him. They got to Mingi and Yunho, currently holding hands and clearly satisfied to have shifted the responsibility of Hwa to other members of the group.

"He didn't eat before coming to mine for pre-drinks. Hopefully it'll wear off soon and he'll behave." Yunho answered after reading the questionable look across San's face. "Youngie, you look absolutely stunning! You too Sannie, I love your hair, I think I prefer it down."

"Yeah, you both look hot as fuck." Mingi stated matter of factly, earning a shoulder slap from his boyfriend.

"OW! Why is it okay for you to compliment them but not me?" He sulked.

"You're more crude! Stop flirting with our friends." Yunho playfully scolded. "Or I'm not going to do that thing that drives you up the fucking wall when we get home later." He added once closer to his ear. Mingi's eyes widened and he tried to downplay the fact he could feel his heartbeat in his head.

"I take it back. You're both average. Sorry. Not average. Decent-looking? Yeah. Guys, Yunho is blackmailing me with se-"

"OKAY." Yunho exclaimed loudly over his blundering boyfriend as the group laughed around them. "Let's go in, shall we?"

——————————————

The 5 entered the house swarming with party-goers, some Wooyoung could scarcely recognise as students he'd seen in passing, others he could not. Despite that, every single one had turned to welcome San with a nod or a handshake, thus also greeting Wooyoung too who stood glued to his side. The group spread out to cover basis of the bash, Yunho and Mingi grabbing a drink and planting themselves on the sofa of the seating area, catching up with a few of their friends. Hwa had already found his way atop a table-turned dance podium, daring someone to dare him to strip as he gained a row of cheers from the crowd. San and Wooyoung eased their way into the lesser filled kitchen, feeling the buzz and vibrations of loud music and chatter in the distance.

San asked Wooyoung if he wanted an alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink to which the shorter decided on the first. He hopped up onto a stool, determined to let himself a little loose and enjoy his night. A few passerby's even said hello to him before acknowledging San, which he greatly appreciated. It was mainly students from his individual classes, but he felt good in knowing he had made an impression seperately without San's image, not that he wasn't incredibly grateful for the taller.

"Nobody can keep their eyes off my Woo. Don't like it." San huffed but with a blatant look of joy across his face. Wooyoung chuckled, sipping his drink. He knew from glancing around that people were hoping to catch themselves within San's eyeline, but the taller had been too preoccupied staring at him to notice.

"You're cute, Sannie, Totally blind, too. People have been checking you out every second that you've been here." Wooyoung stated as San sat on the chair beside him. Before the taller could argue back, a couple of San's teammates stumbled in.