✧Chapter 16

^⁠_⁠^^⁠_⁠^^⁠_⁠^^⁠_⁠^^⁠_⁠^^⁠_⁠^^⁠_⁠^^⁠_⁠^^⁠_⁠^^⁠_⁠^^⁠_⁠^^⁠_⁠^

That morning, jaeheon and jisu decided to leave Mr.han's house after acknowledging Eunhyuk's announcement. Honestly, I wanted to go down too, and talk to Eunhyuk about the unnatural cases.

I sat down and stared at them both, who were wishing everyone before leaving, while the lady, I call ajjuma, taped me up with bandaids and fracture rolls.

"I think, I should wish farewell to you both now." The old man said, while waving his hands as a sign of goodbye.

Hyun su, who quietly stood by, looked at Mr.han and then again at both of them before exclaiming "May I...come too?"

"Three would be better that two, right?" Jisu mumbled almost immediately. I stood up, out of ajjuma's grip, and chime in, "I wanna come as well!" Jaeheon nodded at this.

Du-sik, the kids and ajjuma were genuinely sad about them leaving after all the journey till now. "Noona, Hyun su, will you come back again?" Yeong-su said, on the verge of years. Hyun su and I just nodded. He smiled and spoke, "Sure."
"Don't misbehave in front of elders, okay?" I said, and pinched su yeong's cheeks at which she giggled.
~

While walking down the stairs, Hyun su looked at me and muttered, "You know, you look like a zombie with all that wrapping on your body, right?"
I plainly scoffed with a tease and spat, "See for yourself, just 2-3 scratches. Gosh, I look uglier that the monsters I fought." He snickered.

He stopped and looked at me again, "I'm sorry for not being there with you. I shouldn't have let you suffer alone like that." I wave my hand in denial, "Doesn't matter now, our only goal is to reach down safely and help the others."

I put an arm on his shoulder like a headlock and follow the two survivors ahead.
~~~

The bars of the electrical room cackled and Yi-kyeong groaned. She found herself stuck to a sticky, hard substance, wrapped around her own body, as if a prey by a spider.
While she struggled to free herself, and heard more cackling noices,

*Snarl*

A spider like creature lunged on her, and ripped the slime thing off of her, ready to feast on her. Using her her chance, Yi-kyeong jumped up a chimney, trying to crawl through.

The screeching continues, as she tries to crawl as fast as she can. Crashes and striked heard from distance, and she finds herself stuck in a maze and a fucking spider chasing her.

She even manages to stay out of its reach. She couldn't believe that she had to play hide and seek with a monster in an apocalypse.

She finds a hiding spot, and sees the spider searching for her. She lets out a deep exhale before kicking open a part of the small chimney to break out. She thought it was perfect timing but

*Crack*

The spider let it's toungue out and snakes it around Yi kyeong's neck. She grunts and kicks the windows with panic. She picks up a shard of glass and slits it's toungue, finally falling on the ground and gripping her neck, taking out all the suffocation.

Soon she couldn't hear the snarls and screeches, but her phone ring. She searched for it, and found it beyond her reach, across a tar war. She peeked at who called her and gasped, "S-Sangwon." Her fiance, who she didn't expect to be alive.

~
She limped her way towards the first floor, finding Eunhyuk on the way. He rushed towards her numb body and asked worriedly, "You okay?" Just to get punches in the stomach. "You knew there was a monster." And he stared into void with guilt.
~~~

We walked down stairs cautiously, and encountered many dead bodies on our way. Suddenly I heard a screeching noice, You hear that?"
"Hear what?" Jaeheon turned to me.
"That, something's here"
Soon I just shrug it off and continued. Once I heard the sound again, the next second,

*Thud Thud*

My body fell on top of some other's. And It blacked out completely....

(Flashback)

Seori got to know that I get minimal care from my so called biological parents, but not for her.
I was just 11, And relied on my sister's affection and care. A moment, she treats me like her own child and caresses the little me out of habit.
And the second moment, She made me stare at her picture with fear and remorse.

And that's when I realised that the only source of my happiness had vanished on a blink of an eye. She left me with hell, No....correction, I made her leave me with hell. Even her turning into a demon was blamed on me. The desire she had in heart was also blamed on me.

I fell on my knees and shed out my tears while chanting her name continuously. Her charming photo in front of me, as if she smiled at me. In the background, I could hear someone mumbling something about me dying. And I felt myself being carried out.

I snapped back to reality and saw Hyun su and the ballet girl conversing. Hyun su looked at me at held my face to check for any injuries. The ballet girl rambled, "I told you both, not to die here "

"Eunyu" was heard from a distance. My eyes widened at the person in front of me, "E-Eunhyuk"

He didn't even look at me and faced Hyun su, " Are you okay? You fell from the 11th floor and fainted." This pissed me off. I get it that I lost track of him and got tangled in this fighting shit, but that's not my fault.

"Golden time saved you. Did you know?" He continued. Golden time? "It means, that's the only hour when you can save someone's life. Are you okay?"

I put a hand on my nape and felt something warm oozing out. I gaped when my hand was full of blood. "I think I'm fine." Replied Hyun su.
~
We followed Eunhyuk to the daycare room. And on our way, we found the stupid old man again as he marched his way towards us. "Bringing monsters, I see. Don't you turn-" he points a cutter to my neck "-or I'll slit your throat myself". I held myself back from punching his ugly ass face.

We all gathered in the room and all the residents distanced themselves from me and Hyun su like we are outcasts. They started whispering to each other about us and our appearance.

Meanwhile, Eunhyuk came back with a yellow box in his hand "Everyone, please grab a piece of paper. if we need to expel Hyun su and S-Seomi, draw an 'O', or to let them stay, draw an 'X'. And then put it inside the box." My name came like ashes from his mouth. I wonder why he has been avoiding me till now. I somehow need to talk to him.

*⁠\⁠0⁠/⁠**⁠\⁠0⁠/⁠**⁠\⁠0⁠/⁠**⁠\⁠0⁠/⁠**⁠\⁠0⁠/⁠**⁠\⁠0⁠/⁠**⁠\⁠0⁠/⁠**⁠\⁠0⁠/⁠**⁠\⁠0⁠/