one.

001 ⎯⎯⎯ pirate hunter zoro.

   "Good morning sleeping beauty!"

   I feel my jaw tick as I pull open my eyelids, blinking to let my vision adjust to the blinding sunlight. I let out a small yawn, the distortion of breath and body causing me to slightly glitch out. I pat my sides to make sure none of my belongings have gone missing, map, pocket knife, hairbrush, hairclip.

   I glance at the two boys, "morning."

   Koby flushes, "u-um mis- what exactly is your name?"

   I narrow my eyes at him and he flinches. He must immediately realize the offense of his gesture, "s-sorry I'm not...scared of you or anything, it's just your eyes..."

   Luffy grins, "yeah! They're super cool!"

   I glance over the side of the boat, locking eyes with my reflection. My bright gold orbs stare back at me. My gaze sharpens and I look away.

   I look just like him.

   Changing the subject I nod, "I'm Sora."

   Koby smiles, "nice to officially meet you, thanks for last night."

   I shrug, "it was nothing."

   "I'd barely call that nothing," Luffy butts in, "how do you do that?"

   I give a sarcastic smile and hold up my middle finger, it slightly glitching, "what? this?"

   "You ate a devil fruit," Luffy states.

   "So did you," I look up at him, my eyes finding his hat again. "Where did you get that hat?"

   Luffy takes it off to admire it himself, smiling widely, "this was given to me by the greatest pirate I know. You've probably heard of him, his name's Shanks."

   My eyes widen, Shanks?

* * *

   I search the wanted posters for my face, none there. That's good, it's a lot easier to lie low without posters of yourself plastered everywhere. My eyes catch a familiar poster.

   It's gone up since I've last seen him.

   "I didn't know there were so many Pirates," Luffy grins.

   "There are way worse pirates on the grandline," Koby shakes his head, "it's terrible."

   "Yeah I know right, where's my face?"

   I smirk, pushing the boy's hat down over his eyes, "so, what's the plan?"

   Luffy fixes his hat, flashing me a smile, "there's only one way to get inside that base, and it's not on an empty stomach."

   Which is precisely how we end up in some rundown bar filled to the brim. I down another shot as I watch Luffy down his food, if I didn't know better I'd say he hadn't eaten in days.

   If you're wondering how I even ended up helping him and Koby on this littler venture, lemme just say, I had nothing better to do. Plus if I'm able to get this map of the grandline maybe I'll be able to find him.

   "Gosh Luffy," I sigh.

   He grins, "gotta feed the brain."

   He swallows down the last dumpling, clearing his throat, "alright, so I can't get inside the base through the gate but maybe- maybe what if I get inside flying? I can grab onto a bird or something."