twenty three.

023 ⎯⎯⎯ arlong park.

   I stand in the center of the destruction, looking around at the ruined structures that used to be houses. All of this in the span of a few hours.

   "Arlong did this." Sanji states the obvious, "why?"

   "To punish the villagers," Nami's voice shakes, "and to punish me."

   A group of the villagers, bruised and burnt, approach us and Nami takes a wary step back. "What's going on?" she asks.

   "Nojiko told us about your sacrifice," the man from earlier states. "We didn't know. Can you ever forgive us?"

   "There's nothing to forgive. Coco Village is my home."

   "And it's our turn to sacrifice. We're done living in fear! We're gona march on Arlong Park. If those fishmen want a fight-"

   "That's not a fight that's a massacre. You will all be killed."

   "If there's no hope for us to buy our freedom then I say we die trying to fight for it!"

   The villagers yell and cheer their approval.

   "Everyone please! I won't let you do that! This is my fight."

   "No!" Luffy butts in, "this is our fight. Right guys?"

   "Finally I get to cut something."

   "I know right."

   "But how're we gonna be Arlong?"

   "Every creature has a weakness."

   "Even bullet proof ones?"

   "He's not swordproof."

   "I'll know it when I see it. And when I do, I won't hesitate."

* * *

   "Fishmen! Standby to repel boarders!"

   "Where's arlong?"

   "He's probably in the map room."

   "Then that's where we're going."

   Nami and Luffy leave and I pull my sword from my back, a twisted grins stretching across my face. My first real fight with this baby since I lost it.

   God help these fishmen.

   They charge.

   I glitch.

   One. Two. Three. Five. Seven.

   They drop like flies.

   All this talk for what?

   I wipe the blood from my blade, planting it in the ground. Three more fishmen charge at me. I jump, landing on my sword as they crash into each other.

   One manages to untangle himself and I swiftly kick him across the face, using him as a step stool down. I unground my sword and look over to where Zoro and Sanji are fighting.

   "I had that one!"

   "If you had him I wouldn't of got him."

   "Boys!" I shout, "No fighting! And where's Usopp?"

   They shrug, immediately going back to the fight. I roll my eyes, glitching away as a fishman tries to sneak up on me.

   "Nice try," I sing.

   Down he goes.

   I watch as Zoro falls, clutching his chest.

   "You look tired, maybe you should take a break." Sanji snaps.

   I glitch over to them, throwing back an oncoming opponent. "Shut up Sanji! Zoro get up I swear to god-"

   "Mind your own business!" He shoves me away, shielding me from an attacker.

   I glare at him, "hey!"

   "It thought you said no fighting!"

   "Quit screwing around!"

   "Get back in the kitchen!"

   "Shut up! Luffy needs up!"

   "You don't know what Luffy needs."

   "I know he needs my cooking."

   I slice down the last fishman, spinning my sword around to meet Zoro's neck, my smaller blade going to Sanji's forehead.

   "Both us you quit it!"

   "Sounds like someone's feeling threatened!" Buggy chimes from this bag.

   "Shut up!" We all shout.

   "Then get me back to my body! It's close I can feel my toes."

   Sanji sighes, yanking open the bag he was forced to carry. I drop my arms, sheathing both swords as I watch Buggy's head whiz by. It connects to his neck and a look of relief plants on his face.

   "Yes! Yes! OH it's so much better than I even remembered!"

   I glare at him.

   "Hey so," he holds up both middle fingers, "I'm gonna get out of here."

   I roll my eyes, "fucking clown."

   "Never fear the great captain Usopp is here!" Usopp runs in, slingshot at the ready.

   "You're late," Zoro snarks.

   "Yeah looks like you guys did a pretty good job here."

   "Guys!"

   I look up, Nami running towards us.

   Sanji opens his arms, "Nami!"

   Surprisingly she swerves him, throwing her arms around me, Usopp and Zoro in a group hug instead. I squirm.

   She pulls away, flashing me a genuine worried smile.

   Weird.

   "Where's Luffy?" I ask, my brows creasing in worry.

   "Still inside," Nami answers, "fighting Arlong."

   I look up at the currently crumbling building. Their fight must be intense. Sweat drips down my brow and I bite my cheek.

   "He'll be okay right?" Usopp asks, "right?"

   His question is answered as the entire structure collapses in on itself, crumbling to a pile on the ground.

   My eyes widen.

   "L-Luffy?"

   We stare at the pile of rubble.

   Then, a brick falls away.

   A moment later Luffy jumps through the rubble, completely unharmed.

   "Nami! You are our friend! We are your crew!"

   Sanji and Usopp begin laughing, Zoro doing his best to muffle his own. I glance at Nami, tears falling from her eyes.

   She notices me looking and turns to me.

   I smile, "what a cry baby."

   She grins, wrapping her arms around me again.

   This time, I hug her back.