fourteen.

014 ⎯⎯⎯ baratie.

   I look over the railing at all the passing pirates and merchants, docking and making their way to a huge fish ship in the middle of all the chaos.

   "That smell," Nami smiles, "I think this place is a restaurant."

   "Then I know what we're gonna do next," Luffy grins.

   "Disguise the ship so the marines can't find us?"

   "Sail back to syrup village where it's safe?"

   I sigh, "or the complete opposite?"

   "Let's eat!"

   Knew it.

   Zoro sighs, "that fish better have a bar."

* * *

   I look around the crowded restaurant. Some pirates are too busy stuffing their faces while others scowl at us. From what I can tell the food looks good, otherwise I doubt there would be so many people here.

   "This is my table! Close to the kitchen, so I can smell the beef!"

   I glance over at a small circular table, two men seemingly arguing over whose it actually is. This place must really be popular.

   "Maybe you oughta try a table outside, right now the only thing I smell is you!"

   The man throws a plate off the table, causing the other to stand up just as a blonde man intervenes.

   "Now, now, gentlemen. You know the rules here, we don't waste food," he smirks, "and there is no fighting at Baratie."

   "This ain't gonna be a fight, I'm just gonna kill him!"

   "I'd like to see you try!"

   "And I'd like to pour you each a glass of Ithurzburger Stein. On the house."

   "Okay, I'll have that drink. After he apologizes for his bad manners!"

   "Over my dead body!" He pulls a gun.

   The waiter immediately kicks it down, roundhousing the other man in the face. All while holding onto his plate.

   I take a sip of my drink, that was something.

   "No cause for alarm folks. Please enjoy your meals." He's back to his subtle grin, making his way over to our table.

   He sets down the bread rolls, "hi, welcome to our shitty restaurant where the only thing worse than the ambiance is the food. My name is Sanji, what can I get for you?"

   I chuckle, Sanji's eyes flitting to me.

   "Apologies, madam, I didn't see you there. Would you care for an aperitif to start? We have several rare Micqueot vintages in stock. Or perhaps you'd like a glass of Umeshu? You know, something sweet for someone sweet."

   I grin, folding my hands under my chin as I lean forward, "your eye?"

   "Just blinded by your beauty."

   Zoro clears his throat, "waiter can I get a beer and something for my friends?"

   "Two beers! I usually have three but-"

   "And a milk!"

   "Three beers and a milk. And, uh, for the ladies?"

   Nami and I exchange glances.