eight.

008 ⎯⎯⎯ playing dress up.

   "I've never seen a house this big before," Luffy awes, looking up at the mansion in front of us.

   "Impressive, right?" Usopp brags, "Kaya's given me an open invitation to drop by anytime I want."

   "Wow! All of this just for one person?"

   "Well, she lives here with her butler and a few other staff."

   "Money really shows you who people truly are," Nami sighs, "most people only care about themselves and what's theirs."

   I glance at her. She sure is quick to judge considering she is a thief and a criminal. And arguably a bad friend, I haven't decided if I should call her that yet.

   "Sounds like someone I know," I shrug.

   Nami rolls her eyes, "and a small staff makes for easy pickings."

   "Why?" Zoro raises a brow, "gonna rob the place blind?"

   "At least a little blurry."

   I grin, "just a little?"

   We continue to follow Usopp through the backyard of the mansion. The man showing off several ponds, gardens, and statues.

   "So if you have an invitation, why are we going around the back way?" Luffy asks.

   Fair question. It definitely raises suspicion.

   "Oh I never use the front entrance. This is more of a VIP entrance reserved for special guests," he explains.

   I whistle, "this guy's full of shit."

   "Yeah but as long as he gets us inside, who cares?"

   Usopp suddenly turns, his face slightly panicked, "Oops. You know, there's actually a more exclusive entrances this way."

   I peer over his shoulder, two people who appear to be maids cleaning the balcony. They look up, noticing us, and both have equally negative reactions.

   The man on the porch picks up his blade, chucking it at us. It lodges in the ground where Usopp is standing, right between his feet.

   "What the hell are you doing here, Usopp?"

   I knew he was lying.

   "Buchi, buddy," Usopp smiles nervously, "Kaya's expecting me."

   "Another one of your lies," he grabs him by the collar, "you ain't welcome here and you know it."

   "I know nothing of the sort, I'm here to give Kaya an extra special gift."

   "Usopp!"

   I turn to see a blonde, frail-looking woman in a pink dress, making her way through the gardens as she holds onto what must be her butler. I'm guessing that's Kaya.

   "What a wonderful surprise!"

   Usopp grins, slapping away the maid's arms as he makes his way over to the girl. "Happy birthday!"

   "You remembered?"

   "Of course I did!"

   "Usopp," the butler clears his throat, "we've had this discussion. You mustn't show up unannounced."

   I glance around at the woman's staff. They don't look like your typical maids and butlers. They all have an air of irritation around them. Is it because of us or because of Usopp?