fifteen.

015 ⎯⎯⎯ Dracule Mihawk.

   I feel uneasy for some reason.

   Like something unwanted is approaching.

   "Pace yourself."

   I shake it off at the sound of Zoro's voice, allowing my eyes to flicker over to Usopp. He's sitting on the lounge chair next to Nami with a bowl of slush-like substance, slurping away.

   "I don't even think there's liquor in this. It tastes just like candy," he chuckles.

   "Last time I said that I woke up face down under a table."

   I grin, "I didn't even know you could get drunk."

   He looks me up and down, "it'd probably take three times what it takes you."

   I raise a brow, "oh really?"

   His leg nudges mine and he nods over to Nami. I look over to her to find her staring at the bottom of her empty glass with a blank look on her face.

   I grit my teeth, fine.

   "Need a refill?"

   "Huh?"

   "You've been staring at your glass like that for a while," I swallow, "what's wrong?"

   "You really don't think it's messed up? What Luffy did?"

   I zip my lips. I have no place to speak on the matter. If they knew what I was keeping from them I'd probably be thrown overboard.

   Zoro shrugs, "he should've told us. But we've been making enemies everywhere we go. Psycho clowns, killer butlers. What's a vice-admiral gonna do to us?"

   "No, you don't get it! I can't get caught not when I'm so close-" She cuts herself off looking down at her feet.

   "Close to-"

   "Who wants another drink? My treat."

   Zoro smiles, "my favorite kind."

   Nami walks away and I slump in my seat.

   I'm just now realizing how long it's been since I've been alone. It's unsettling, but also a little comforting.

   Having people around me to protect, to be protected by, it's scary.

   I could make this all fall apart so fast.

* * *

   I watch Usopp dance around, a grin playing at my lips, "he looks so happy."

   Zoro raises a brow, "and you aren't?"

   I smile at him, "you don't seem all that jolly yourself."

   "You have no idea."

   "Don't I?"

   He nods, lining up three shot glasses, "let's play a game. I guess something about you, you drink. You guess something about me, I drink."

   "Go ahead," I shrug, "you'll lose."

   "I bet you grew up with a big family, you seem like you hate everyone. You know the water, know how to fight, and I've seen a bounty for you before. Obviously you've been a pirate for a long time."

   "Drink up," I cross my arms over my chest, "I don't have any family and I only became a pirate a few years ago."

   I think about Shanks and his crew. I guess they could've been my family.

   Zoro quickly throws back the drink, slamming the glass on the table.

   "My turn," I chime, "I bet you grew up around a lot of kids, no friends though."

   "I had friends."

   "Swords don't count."

   He chuckles, "I had a friend."

   I grab the glass, "more than me," and down it.

   Zoro narrows his eyes at me, "I have a question."

   "Shoot."

   "You said your dad was a pirate? Who was he?"

   I grimace, "game over."

   I take the last shot, smiling, "let's dance."

* * *

   I collapse onto the couch. I'm exhausted and my feet hurt and I would very much like to go to bed now. Nami takes a seat next to me, complaining of the same things as Zoro sits across from us.

   "Guys! Meet my new best friend!"

   I smile as Usopp staggers over, a man behind him.

   I narrow my eyes at him, who is that?

   He steps into the light, my heart stopping.

   "Which one of you is Monkey D. Luffy?"

   He scans us, his eyes stopping on me. Before he can ask what I know is on his mind Zoro interrupts him. "You're Dracule Mihawk."

   He pulls his eyes away from me, "I have business with your captain. If you know what's good for you you'll hand him over."

   "We don't know anyone named Luffy, right Sora?"

   Why is he here? How-

   "Sora?"

   I stand, "You-"

   Zoro stands as well, "I've been following your career since I was a child. It's a pleasure to finally meet you sir."

   I see his jaw tick, "thank you."

   "Which is why it pains me to inform you that tomorrow, you're going to die."

   "Wait what?" Nami blinks in confusion.

   My eyes widen.

   "I Roronoa Zoro, challenge you to a duel. To the death."

   "I've never heard of you."

   "They call me the demon pirate hunter. But my lifelong dream is to best you in single combat and become the greatest swordsman in the world."

   "You're serious?"

   "Accept my challenge. You'll see how serious I am."

   "Very well, tomorrow at dawn. And when I'm done with you, pirate hunter, I'll take your captain." He glances back over at me before disappearing into the night.