01| Anniversary

The sun rays coming through the window falls on my face

The sun rays coming through the window falls on my face. Simultaneously my phone alarm starts beeping.

I groan and rub my eyes. My hand reaches for my mobile phone tucked under my arms as I turn off the alarm.

It's Monday again.

I hate Monday morning. After every cheerful & relaxing weekends I had to get up and go for work.

I don't wanna wake up.
I thought of taking a small nap for more 5 minutes. But then, my nostrils filled with the scent of fresh rose flowers.

I sit up straight on my bed and rub my eyes again. I turn my head to my right and see a bouquet of red roses placed on my bedside table.

I smile and take the bouquet in my hands. Blush creeps on my cheeks as I inhale its scent.

There was a note tucked in it. I took it out and read it. It says, Happy Anniversary My Love!

Fuck! It's our anniversary.

"Shit man!" I mutter. "It's our anniversary! How can I forget? It's been 7 years of our togetherness. God! I'm such an asshole. I forgot such an important day."

But it wasn't my fault. I'm working a lot nowadays. It's my work load due to which I'm forgetting things.

I have to apologize to him.

I kept the bouquet on the bedside table and walked towards the living room.

When I reached the dining area in the living room, I was surprised as hell with the sight.

The dining table was decorated with rose petals and red heart-shaped balloons. The breakfast was already placed on the table.

Every dish placed was my favourite breakfast dish. Toast & Scrambled Eggs, Veg Sandwiches, Upma, Aloo Paratha, Cupcakes, Cookies, Orange Juice and a red color heart-shaped cake.

As I look at the cake I find our names written on it.

Ishaan & Raj

God! I'm gonna die. This little surprise made my day. Tears scream from my eyes. The breath forces it's way out of my throat.

"Happy Anniversary baby!"

That voice, I love that voice. I turned and saw the love of my life standing in front of me.

Raj!

He was wearing a blue torn jeans and black shirt, sleeves folded upto his elbows showing his veiny arms. He was looking as sexy as always. He was looking at me with a million dollar smile over his face.

He wishes me again, "Happy 7 year Anniversary, Love!"

I'm not able to decidewhether I should cry or just try not to faint. I immediately ran to him and hugged him, crashing our bodies against each other.