12| Care

Two weeks later

Two weeks later

"Hey! Aisha!" Maya calls from her cubicle which was beside me.

"Yupp!" I turn to face her and see a bright wide smile on her face.

"I wanted to ask you something." She says with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

I shake my head and ask softly, "What is it?"

"That guy who drops you everyday...is that your boyfriend?" She smiles teasingly and raises her eyebrows.

"Boyfriend? No! No! He is not my boyfriend." I shake my head and lower my gaze.

She chuckles and says, "Then why are you blushing, huh?"

My hands rise up to touch my cheeks and an instant smile appears on my face. "Nooo...Maya. He is not my boyfriend."

"Then?"

I sigh and meet her eyes. "Actually, he is my brother's best friend. They both are roommates. And I live with them in their apartment."

"Ohhhh!! So does that mean you have a crush on your brother's best friend." She again goes on smiling in a teasing manner.

"Maya! It's not like that." I whisper and try to hide my flushed face. "Just drop this conversation and look at my designs."

I show her my designs on my tablet to divert her mind from this conversation.

"They are beautiful." She says while going through all my designs. "You are really good at sketching."

"Thank you." I smile softly.

Time passes by just like that and soon we all head towards the cafeteria for our lunch.

After the lunch, I join my colleagues in some chit-chat. They were planning for a party this weekend and also asked me to join them.

Minutes later, the lunch break got over and we got back to our cubicles to continue our work.

While I was working on my laptop, suddenly my stomach started to pain. I clutched my belly and laid my head on the desk.

"Oww" I groan in pain and close my eyes. "Shit! What's happening?" I mumble and sit back straight.

I need to complete this assignment of mine. Maybe this pain will go away soon. My focus goes back on my laptop but minutes later my stomach pain turns mild.

I breath heavily and rest myself on my chair.

It can't be my periods. Because there is still one week left for them to arrive.

Maybe I ate too much during the lunch. Yeah, I guess the cafeteria food didn't suit me.

I pout and clutch my tummy.

That's when Maya glance at my way and frowns. "What happen, Aisha? Are you okay?"

"Nooo" I shake my head. "I'm not feeling good. Ahh! Even my head is starting to pain." I palm my forehead with my other hand.