05| Move In

I yawn and stretch my arms, and sit up straight on my bed

I yawn and stretch my arms, and sit up straight on my bed. I rub my eyes and get off the bed to go to the bathroom.

After doing my morning business and washing my face clean, I go to the living room.

"Ishaannn" I call but then slap my forehead. "Oh! Fuck! I forgot, he's gone to the airport."

I sigh loudly and walk to the dining table and grab a bottle of water. As I drink the water, some of it spill on my bare chest.

"Shit man!" I curse and clean that off. I sleep shirtless every night. So I was only in my black sweatpants.

Suddenly I hear a metallic sound coming from our foyer. I join my eyebrows together in confusion and slowly make my way to the main door.

My eyes turn wide when I see the doorknob moving. As if someone was trying to open the door.

It can't be Ishaan because he always carry that bunch of house keys. Even if he had forgotten to carry those he would have called me to open the door for him.

So, does that mean there's a theif behind that door trying to break into our house. Oh fuck! What the fuck is our security guards doing?

I take a medium size flower vase and make slow and steady steps towards the door. I look through the peep hole to see who was there outside. And I see a girl standing behind our door. I couldn't see her face as it was hidden because of her long hair. Her body was turned sideways as she was trying to take out something from her sling bag.

Is that a girl theif?

I keep the flower vase aside and take my house key that was hung on the key hanging board near the door.

I open the door and that's when she turns her head.

I move my gaze up & down her body and she does the same after which her cheeks turn pink. She blinks her eyes and looks at me with an unreadable expression.

Well, her dark brown eyes being similar to Ishaan. And her face just like his mother's is more than enough for me to make out that she is Ishaan's sister, Aisha.

Man! She looks different now. She was so innocent and cute looking when she was little. Even her hair colour is changed. Now she looks so bold and beautiful but her face was still carrying a pinch of innocence.

I put one arm against the wall and lean towards her. "Aisha?"

She fidgets her finger and blink her eyes again & again. She passes me a small smile and nods her head.

"God! You look so different. At first I couldn't recognize you." I chuckle. "You have changed a lot, huh."

She smiles or should I say blushes and looks down at her boots.

"But, what were you doing with the doorknob? I thought there's some thief outside, trying to break into the house." I say.

She looks up at me and says, "Um, I'm sorry. Actually.... bhaiya gave me this... bunch of keys." She shows me that. "I got confused which one was the key to the main door, so.... I was just....."