Chapter 2: The Unexpected Encounter

Ginny POV

I woke up frantically, sweat pouring from my face. It was another nightmare, this time scarier than the last. I grabbed a cloth near me to wipe my face. I checked my alarm clock, only to see the time was 2:34 AM. I sighed and tried to fall asleep again, but it was impossible. I tossed and turned, I slept on the other side of the bed, I got rid of my blanket, I tried sleeping without a pillow, but nothing worked. I shot up out of bed and groaned softly. I put on my flip-flops and wrapped a robe around myself, deciding to sneak into the kitchens to grab some hot chocolate. As I walked down the stairs, I tightly clutched the stairway rod, hoping not to lose imbalance in the plain black dark. I reached the kitchens and went to reach for the light, suddenly hitting someone's arm and losing balance, falling on top of them.

"Who are you?!" I screamed.

"Shhh... We'll get caught." The stranger said he was a boy.

He didn't seem like one of those Slytherin's, so I played it nice, Sorry, just got a bit scared."

Well, that wasn't the case. I was just mad someone else had the same idea as me.

"No problem, I get it. Will you help me find the light?"

I felt him gently pushing me aside and getting up, then pulling me up with him. I could just barely see his eyes, his dark green eyes, long and slanting.

"You have nice eyes," I smiled, though he couldn't see it of course.

"Thank you, I got them from my mother." We laughed and talked while feeling the walls, hoping to find the light button. And I hate to admit it, but I was having more fun with this mysterious stranger than with Hermione. We laughed and chatted until I found the light and said,

"Hey! I found it!" I clicked the small rectangular button, and the room flooded with bright shining lights.

"Ginny Weasley?!" I heard from behind me. I whirled around, to see nothing but that famous smirk I knew all too well.
"Zabini... What the heck? I didn't know you were this nice." So much for being nice to a random person who I thought wasn't a Slytherin.

He smirked, "So you're calling me nice now?"

I rolled my eyes and fixed myself some hot chocolate, his quirky nature annoyed me. When I'd finished pouring myself a glass, I turned around, and he was gone. Like he'd disappeared.

What a mysterious boy...

When I went back to my dorm I checked the time again, it was 4:40, I'd spent more than an hour with Blaise, and I was annoyed to think I found him charming for a small period of time. I lay down in bed thinking about our encounter before quickly falling asleep, this time without any nightmares.