Chapter 9: Things Aren't Looking Up for Blaise

Hermione POV

I walked down the stairs, following Draco, but I suddenly slipped near the end of the staircase. Luckily, Draco caught me in his arms, but we ended up tumbling to the ground anyway. I fell on top of Draco; our lips were nearly touching. I could feel his breath on me as I remained in my position, extremely flustered. Oh god, I was probably redder than a tomato and I couldn't get myself back up.

"You plan on getting up Granger?" He spoke.

I at once jumped to my feet awkwardly and muttered a small sorry. Luckily, no one else had been there to see our little incident. "Hey, let's keep this between us." I said, and he nodded. There was no way I was in love with Draco Malfoy, known for being the cruelest Slytherin. And I had expectations to follow, I would never fall in love, everyone knows that. And I wasn't planning to fall in love anytime soon.

Especially not with him.

Draco POV

Our lips almost touched. If she'd just fallen from a step higher maybe ... NO, Draco stop thinking all this nonsense. She's just a nerdy bookworm known for her incapability of falling in love. If I fall in love with her, my heart will be broken. She isn't even that cool anyway, this is all just a stupid Marriage Law I must follow, so for now, we're just friends forced to marry each other. Nothing more.

It will never be anything more than that.

I got up and dusted myself off, then I sat on the crème couch. Then Blaise came downstairs running, he tripped and slid down the stairs.

"Seems like I'm not the only one falling on those stairs today. Hermione remarked.

Blaise, however, ignored her and scrambled to his feet, he ran behind me shaking and screaming, "SAVE ME! SHE'S COMING TO GET ME WITH HER FRY PAN. HELP HELP!!!!" I stared at him, "What? Mate, are you okay?"

"NO. IM NOT OKAY, ACTUALLY IM NOWHERE NEAR OKAY, IM GOING TO DIE!!! DRACO, I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU, THOUGH I'VE ENDLESSLY TEASED AND HUMILIATED YOU I REALLY ADMIRE YOU AND LOVE YOU AS A FRIEND. LET THOSE BE MY LAST WORDS."

"Do I need to take you to St Mungos? And thanks for the compliment."

Then Ginny came running after him "How dare you insult me! Get over here Zabini! Get your stupid butt over here! NOW."

Hermione whispered, "It'll go a lot better if you listen to her and not run. Trust me, George tried that once and he got a scar on his arm. It's been there for 2 years."

Blaise nervously walked up to Ginny, and she slapped him square on the face, "There. I'm done with you now. OH, hey Mione. How's it going?"

Blaise raced to his feet and jumped next to Draco, pulling him to the corner of the room farthest from Ginny. "Blimey mate save me from this marriage. I'm to be killed before we get engaged."

I smirked, "Maybe that's her plan, so she won't need to marry you."

Blaise shivered and I laughed, "You're a baby Zabini, you can't even take on a little girl."

"Not this little girl, I'm telling you, she's a witch." Blaise replied.

Ginny's voice echoed, "Did I hear something, Zabini?"

"N-no, I just said I'm t-telling you, sh-she's an an-angel..." He quivered.

Ahh... good times, good times.