Chapter 8: Enemies No More, Dramione

Draco POV

"You should sleep on the coach. Be a man Malfoy." Hermi- I mean- Granger said.

"Since when were you the boss of me Granger? I call the bed."

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"Ugh. I have better things to do than argue with you Malfoy. I'll sleep on the couch."

"Or I'll take the couch, it's more spacious."

"Okay then, please just make up your mind..." She spoke.

"Or you can, it's your choice."

"MALFOY, JUST PICK ONE ALREADY."

"Fine, I call the couch."

Hermi- Granger, slumped her stuff near the bed and went to the bathroom to change.

I sat on the couch and stared at the ceiling; this was going to be an interesting year.

I continued to contemplate my thoughts when the bathroom door opened, and Hermione Granger came out. She had changed into a night dress, that I can't help but admit, she looked slightly cute in, you know, she is going to be my partner so I might as well have the right to call her cute without being embarrassed. Hermione glanced at me, and I could see a small blush forming her cheeks, which only made her look cuter. I smirked. At least McGonagall got one thing right, I wanted my partner to blush every time she saw me. She went to her luggage and pulled out a book, she sat on the king-sized bed and started reading. I decided to do the same thing but, I was reading 'Quidditch Through the Ages' but not just any boring Quidditch book, I was reading volume 2. A few minutes later, my curiosity got the best of me as I started wondering what book Hermione was reading.

"So, what are you reading?" I asked.

"Me? Oh, I'm reading Evolutionary Principles of Polyatomic Conjuration." She looked very pleased about it for some reason.

"That book, hasn't it come out years ago?" I questioned her. "Oh, yes it has. However, I'm reading Volume 2. The Author Bathilda Jabberwocky was pregnant and wanted to focus more on raising her new kid, so she took a break from writing for a couple years, and she recently published a Volume 2." She was grinning. I smiled at her and watched her cheeks turn deep red. How cute could a woman be.

"Interesting, I haven't read it yet, but would you mind if I borrowed it once you have finished reading it." This was going better than expected.

"Draco, you don't need to be so formal. And you can borrow it whenever, we are soon to be married after all." She blushed again.

"Alright 'Mione," I smiled.

"Did you..." Hermione asked, "Did you just call me 'Mione?"

"Yes. I figured if we'll be married, I should call you by your nickname."

"Oh, okay. This whole thing is just so weird." She replied and I nodded,

"Why don't we go down to the common room, Blaise said he'd be ordering dinner soon." Hermione simply blushed. "Will you blush at anything I say?" I smirked.

"Oh, shut up! And I'm not even blushing." She frowned.

"I like when you blush anyway, it makes you look cute." I simply opened the door and left, leaving her to contemplate her own thoughts.

Hermione POV

Did he just... Call me cute? Or was he being nice?