Chapter 12: Nargles and Wrackspurts

"So, what would you like to order, Luna?" Ron asked. "Hmm, I wonder... I'm pretty sure that wrack spurts are fond of onion, and I've always wanted to see them. I think I'll have Italian herbs and cheese bread toasted with American cheese with cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, siracha, onion, and jalapenos, please," Luna said to the counter.

"You don't want any meat," Ron asked.

"No thank you, Ron. What would you like on your sandwich?"

"I don't really feel like having dinner, you eat." Ron replied.

"Ron, no... You need to eat, please, for me?" Luna asked.

"Okay, only because you asked me to. I'll have the same thing Luna's having please."

"Ooh, the nargles will love this and same for the wrackspurts!" Luna rejoiced and Ron felt an odd tingling sensation in his stomach seeing Luna's bright smile. All throughout dinner Ron stared at Luna, his stomach churning. She was a loony, but she was a nice loony. She had a heart and Ron admired that.

"Ron," Luna asked.

"Yes?" He replied. "Did you take me to subway because it was the hub for lovely couples to enjoy dinner?" Luna questioned.

"Um, not actually. I just thought rackle spurs like sandwiches. I had no idea that it was a hub for couples... Sorry," Ron said. "It's alright!" consoled Luna, "I'm having a great time."

"Me too."

Ron drove Luna back to the common room and inside the car they had a good discussion. Ron started to understand Luna's interest in nargles and wrackspurts as he grew to learn more about them. Even though he didn't understand much about them, seeing Luna smile happily after each of their conversations comforted him. He felt relaxed around Luna, because she never judged him for being a blood traitor (according to the Slytherins). He also felt unexpectedly happy.

When they got back into the common room, they saw Draco, Harry, and Blaise watching TV. The girls were outside in the courtyard. "I think I'll turn in for the night," Luna said. "Are you sure," Ron whispered, "I can come too if you want." Luna shook her head, "No, you enjoy with your friends."

Ron felt guilty and asked once more but Luna said she was okay with being alone, so Ron went and sat next to Harry, "What are we watching – oh QUIDDITCH, I'm so game!"

Later, Ron was the first person to go upstairs, hoping to check up on Luna before he slept. When he went upstairs and opened the door, he made sure it didn't creak too loudly. He found Luna sound asleep on the couch and she looked so peaceful. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. He picked her up gently and placed her on the bed, tucking her in the blanket. "She looks so pretty asleep." He whispered and grabbed a pillow to go sleep on the couch.