Chapter 16: Potions

It had been a month since the marriage law had been put into effect. Everyone else seemed to be coping with it well. Ron and Luna had become good friends. Though they'd gotten off to a rocky start, Ginny and Blaise were acting civil together, somehow. Of course, it was because of their midnight talks, but Hermione had no idea about those. Harry and Pansy had already started holding each other's hands in the hallways! But Draco and Hermione were a different story. Every place they'd go, they'd scowl at each other, kick at each other from underneath the desks, and make snarky remarks without effort. It didn't help that all couples were set to attend the same classes and sit next to each other all the time.

She, Hermione Granger, had to sit next to the arse, Draco Malfoy in every class. "Stupid Ferret," she called to him during potions. "Obnoxious Beaver." And now they were kicking each other under the table. "Ouch, Malfoy!" Hermione shrieked, jabbing his hand with a quill. "Watch it, Granger," he growled. "Good heavens, you two! Please stop bickering! You're engaged for goodness sake!"

"Sorry professor," Hermione sighed while Draco blinked at him, with no reply. "Well, carry on, carry on with your potions, please."

Hermione nodded as she began to start reading the textbook.

Complex Elaborated Potion Brewing

Chapter 45: Brewing The Amortentia

Course Aims:

When Exposed to Amortentia, State What You Smell.

Hermione looked up, for the professor and said, "Miss, where could I find the Amortentia?" She smiled and pointed to a small cabinet away from the tables, toward the professor's desk.

Hermione got up and brought a small vial of Amortentia back. "Well, you first, I suppose." Her fiancé shrugged and took a sniff of the potion, "I smell hot chocolate, a warm fire, and .... books?"

Hermione seemed almost way too oblivious to realize that Draco was interested in her, and apparently so was Draco. He attempted to think of who it smelled like, and failed.

"You go now." Draco said, pushing the bottle of amortentia to her. "Well... okay," Then taking a sniff, she said, "I smell... fresh rain dripping outside, peppermint toothpaste and... well, yeah."

"Well, let's write it down, then." Draco said blankly while grabbing the parchment. 

"I'm quite thirsty, actually." Hermione said. "Can I take a sip of your drink, Luna?" Before waiting for her reply, Hermione chugged down the drink and felt satisfied. Draco swore he saw a pink glimmer in her eyes.

"Hermione, that's not -" Luna said. That's Romilda Vanes...

"Luna..." Said Hermione. "That tasted good."