Chapter 1: A New Start

Hey guys first fanfic in a while. If you're familiar with Trash of a Count's family and have read the light/web novel you'll probably know that the original Cale Henituse died at the age of 40. Well for the sake of the story I've decided to have made his death at the age of 38 instead and make Kim Rok Soo older so that Kim can still treat Cale like a younger brother. Please note I do not claim the original story and highly suggest go read Trash of a Count's family light novel and manga which I highly recommend. I hope you enjoy it. Also, the is Alberu/Alver x Kim(Cale/Kim Rok Soo) as in the original Trash of a Count's Family it's them who have the connection I honestly don't understand why people ship OGCale and Alberu as in Birth of a Hero ogCale had little to no connection with him and honestly I find people write OG Cale too similar forgetting Kim Rok Soo and ogCale aren't the same person. Though honestly I'm not bothered when they make ogCale and Kim Rok Soo the same person, honestly with the most I see ogCale and Alberu having in terms of relationships is at most a brotherly bond only due to their similar pasts, meanwhile Cale/Kim Rok Soo has some real chemistry especially considering he promised his dongsaeng his slacker life (; Anyways to each their own let people ship who they want hope you enjoy(:

I opened my eyes and I instinctively knew I was no longer the 38-year-old team leader Kim Rok Soo but 18-year-old Kim Henituse, older twin brother to Cale Henituse the Trash of a Count's Family. He had originally supposed to die today from sickness but after making a deal with the God of Death he switched his soul of mine hoping to change the fate of the world he had watched after his death. The world had already rewinded due to a wish by Cale to save his world but he won't remember his world's fate only a day from now. I was able to have a conversation with Kim so I'd know more about him since he wasn't mentioned in The Birth of a Hero. Apparently with the switch of our souls, his sickness would be cured. Kim had been thorough training in preparation for the eventual switch of himself and me by helping alternative versions of myself in different dimensions for about 18 years. I had initially asked him for more details on what exactly happened during the 18 years to cause the world's collapse.

"Honestly we don't have enough time and I'm sure Cale can go into better detail once he regains his memory. Though I'm honestly more surprised by how accepting you are of this situation."

"It's fine I don't have anyone or anything I have to live for anymore back there the only thing that kept me going is that living is better than dying and more importantly my promise with Lee Soo Hyuk to take care of team 1 so you better do a good job now that you'll be doing it in my place!" Kim only laughed, which mildly confused me.

"Don't worry I'll make sure to live up to your reputation as Kim Rok Soo." I shrugged slightly, questioning what he meant.

It wasn't like I was anything that special. Smiling at me as our appearances began to gradually shift until Kim Henituse had now completely changed into Kim Rok Soo and my own to Kim Henituse, our bodies began to slowly fade.

"Well, I guess it's time to go please take care of my brother and family." He smiled with his eyes filled with longing and affection. I tilted the side of my lip up.

"And you take good care of my team members."

"Good Luck."

"You too"

Back in the luxurious room, I looked around to see the lavish furnishing of the baroque-style room. I could feel a rush of memories rush my mind it appeared that Kim had left me most of his memories up to today not that it was too difficult to handle with my record ability which I had fortunately retained despite my changing bodies Kim had also an almost same ability so he shouldn't have too much difficulty adapting. As I finish looking around I finally notice the feeling of my right hand being held. As I check I see an identical person as myself with his shorter hair holding my hand desperately as he sat on a chair next to me only to have fallen asleep laying his head near me.