Chapter 22: The Terror Incident

Hey everyone wanted to let you know chapter 24 will be the point in which there will be a drastic shift in the story as it's the point where I'll be straying the most from the original source material. As you can probably guess it'll be the time in which the twins will go through their first growth phase. I want to make sure to add very few if any new major characters as I find when fanfics do that it can often overwhelm the reader in remembering the new characters. This is especially the case for a story like Trash of the Count's Family which already has a lot of characters, each of the characters I add/highlight is either a pre-existing character with little spotlight or characters that can/probably already exist in the world. For now, I won't be adding any characters soon. I hope you enjoy Chapter 22 please write comments on your opinions and possible ideas for future chapters I always enjoy the feedback.  

'They dismantled it.'

Kim started to smile.

Roslyn, the black dragon, On, and Hong would now hide within the crowd in the plaza.

King Zed was slowly heading toward the plaza from far off in the distance. Zed Crossman had risen to the position of king at the age of 20 after the former king's sudden death. He utilized this to his advantage, killing off all of his siblings and solidifying his position of power.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

The fanfare for the King was still very loud. King Zed passed through the Plaza entrance and headed to the highest platform. Kim just calmly watched this, while Cale sat slightly tense in anticipation.

There was a special platform for the king in front of the bell tower.

The King and the Queen waved to the crowd, before walking up to the platform. The queen stood in front of her seat as King Zed went up to the magic vocal amplifier.

Kim looked at the clock again.

The current time was 8:58 AM.

The king lifted up his hand, and the tears slowly died down. Finally, once the plaza was completely quiet, the king started to speak.

"It has already been 30 years since this king has received the blessing of the sun to rule over this kingdom."

The king seemed very happy. Unfortunately, it was now 9 AM.

"Huh?"

The twins could hear Eric's confused voice.

"What is that?"

The twins then heard Taylor's anxious voice. Kim leisurely raised his head to look at the top of the bell tower, with Cale quickly, following after him.

"What?"

"Who is that?"

"What is going on?"

The mumbling of the crowd started to get louder. King Zed looked behind him and then moved his gaze up the bell tower. The twins looked at the top of the bell tower, and Kim started to smile.

King Zed started to shout.

"Who are you?!"

The knights and mages headed to the Bell Tower. The citizens started to get nervous about what was going on. They had no choice. A person appeared on top of the Bell Tower, and then more people in Black attires started to appear on top of the building nearby as well.

"Get down this instant!"

"Everybody, head up to the top of the buildings now!"

The twins heard the voices of the knights nearby and looked toward the man standing on top of the bell tower with black attire and a mask. It was the blood, crazy mage, Redika.