Chapter 9: Mirrored Lives Now Past

With Choi Han's help, I was able to safely exit through the back window and start heading to the secret cave behind the Villa. I went over the plan one last time explaining the plan including the guard's location and the general path and task each of them were to take. With the mana disturbance device activating the sound of alarms of several high-grade magic devices malfunctioning created chaos within the area preventing any recording or communication devices from working. With the voice modulators and the fake secret organization uniforms, they would be able to move freely without suspensions being traced back to them but instead, it would lead the Marquis on a false trail and cause problems for the secret organization in the future. With the help of On's fog providing cover, Hong's poison weakening the guards, and Choi Han subduing the guards, I had no problems moving forward without any obstacles. I was honestly terrified of Choi Han subduing every guard with a single hit, but I guess it's only natural for a sword master.

With the children's cover me. As we entered the dungeon I was greeted by the torturer who had a magic device that would cause him to blow up anyone above a certain level of strength. The torturer began to beg to know his fate if he were injured. Fortunately for Kim but unfortunately for the torturer, he had other methods to subdue him. A white fog rushed into the dungeon from behind me causing the torturer to faint from Hong's poison. I double-checked over the children making sure they were okay then proceeded to search the body of the torturer for a specific item. As I retrieved the keys I went to the little dragon's prison. A small black dragon covered in blood, scars, and wounds slept in the corner of the cell. Sighing at the depressing sight I unlocked the cell.

Kim: "Hey!" The dragon didn't wake nor react. "Hey! We're getting you out of here."

With that, the baby dragon's eyes opened wide. They were a piercing royal blue and his gaze was filled with conviction, hope, and determination. These weren't the eyes of someone who had given up. This gaze made Kim smile. Carefully Kim picked up the young dragon. He took him out of the cage and carefully placed him close to the kittens.

Hong: "So sad."

On: "I feel bad for him." The dragon growled defensively at the kittens in his state of fear, caution, and wariness.

It wasn't long before On was pawing at Kim's leg knowing about the healing potion Kim had brought, probably wanting him to use it. Kim smiled at On knowing what she was trying to convey.

Kim: "Not yet first we need to quickly get to safety before our time is up."

Kim kicked over the torturer knowing full well that the device wouldn't activate since his strength was below the required level Kim examined the wall till he found a discrepancy indicating the secret exit only Venion knew about. Just in time, Choi Han rejoined the group seeing the poor young dragon littered with blood making the good-natured swordsman both angry and sad.

Kim: "Hey I need you to punch a hole here in the wall."

Choi Han: "With all my strength?"

Kim: 'Is he trying to destroy the entire Villa?' "No, just enough to make a 10 cm hole for all of us."

Choi Han: "Oh so only a little strength."

'Scary punk.' Kim thought knowing he wouldn't likely be ever able to do that as Choi Han proceeded to punch the hole in the wall revealing the secret exit. Sighing at the kitten's astonishment at Choi Han's strength, Kim proceeded to pick the baby dragon back into his arms. He was glad he wasn't as tired as he'd thought he'd be probably thanks to his body slowly integrating with his growing divine energy he still couldn't wait to get the Vitality of the heart that would heal and reduce any future burdens to his body, knowing he didn't want to train at all for his slacker life.