Chapter 4: Ancient Powers of Wood

Kim entered The Fragrance of Tea with Poetry where he saw a man resembling a piggy bank greet him. Billos Flynn the bastard son of the Flynn family.

"Greeting Young Master Kim, it's great to see you've made a full recovery. Young Master Cale has already saved seats for the both of you on the 3rd floor." Billos eyed the handsome it would be more accurate to call him beautiful Kim Henituse the eldest twin of the Henituse family. Billos could immediately tell that out of the two twins, Kim seemed more calculative and sly than Cale who gained a reputation as Trash in the Henituse territory. But even having just met Cale he could tell that the rumors might not be too accurate towards Cale as he seemed much smarter than a "trash" should be by his gaze. But now seeing Kim, "They are similar." Kim had a much deeper and colder gaze despite Cale having a very stoic face as well.

"Thank you, could you please bring us some sweet tea, nothing bitter, along with some interesting novels? We want to reserve the entire 3rd floor to ourselves so make sure to not let anyone disturb us." Kim said with a sly grin flicking a gold coin towards.

"Ummm... Young Master Kim, this is too much!" Billos stumbled as he caught the coin.

"Consider it a tip I'm rich anyway," Kim said with a wide grin as he went to join Cale on the 3rd floor. This was fun because he had always wanted to throw around money like that.

"Hey, how did the first meeting with the ancient power go?"

"I never knew an ancient power could be so creepy it kept asking me for more so I think it'll take about a day or 2 to satiate it."

"What about you did our mother leave something?" Cale let out a long sigh, Kim had a bad feeling about this but it wasn't like he could avoid this information.

"I'll start by saying I successfully got half of our mother's ancient power that she left behind."

"Mother had an ancient power? How did she leave only half?" Kim was shocked by the new information.

"Well, the other half was in Harris Village but based on my memory I'm sure that the white bastard, the leader of the secret organization or Arm, got the other half." Kim gasped as he must have realized something.

"So that's most likely why the secret organization attacked the village. Is that leader responsible for all the chaos in the Western Continent?" Cale also gasped upon voicing his thoughts but nodded in affirmation to his question.

"He calls himself White Star, he's at the center of everything. As for how she was able to half her power well let's just say one would have to purposely break their plate, which is why she died even earlier than expected." Kim glanced at Cale with his unchanging stoic face but shifted his expression ever so slightly upon hearing the last phrase.

"What do you mean, do you mean earlier than expected?" Without a word, Cale took his mother's diary along with Kim's necklace from the box he left under the table.

"The necklace is for you I suggest you put it on before you read the information mother left behind for us." Kim eyed Cale skeptically before following his words and putting on the necklace he then proceeded to take the diary and activated his record; ability.

Cale seeing Kim using his ability for the first time unconsciously Cale gulped it seemed as though he was rapidly flipping pages but his eyes which had become extremely deep as though they were piercing right through you analyzing your every detail conveyed that he was indeed reading thoroughly through the diary. It was an instant, Cale had been observing Kim closely enough that he noticed Kim's eyes trembling, he could practically sense his twin's inner chaos. As he finished reading in less than a second, Kim let out a long sigh. Meanwhile in Kim's head "God fucking dammit, those goddam gods, I'm a fucking demi-god now! This better not interfere with my plans as a slacker!"