Chapter Twelve: Alive

A/N: Hello Readers. Sorry for the late update, school is nearly done so trying to finish this is crazy. But since I'm late updating, to the right is a picture of Penelope. It gets good in here and I'm sorry you have to be left with a cliff hanger on the last chapter, hopefully this chapter makes up for it. THANK YOU AGAIN for reading. Also, it's from Brody's and Drayden's POV. Enjoy!

CHAPTER TWELVE

{Brody's POV}

          Gina handed me a mug of beer and I slid it down to a shape shifter who thanked me. It was almost 9 and since the last message I left Eryn was about 30 minutes ago and still no call from her, I was getting impatient. Gina could probably tell because she walked over to where I was, "Still not call back?" she asked. I shook my head and I noticed Kenny and Greg going silent and then their eyes widening. They must be communicating but about what. I soon found out when Greg walked over to me,

                    "Connor was attacked!" he said and I raised an eyebrow, "So what happened?" I asked. He seem to not want to say anything but looked away as he answered, "The last contact Drayden had with him was him running from someone . . . Eryn is with him. We lost contact . . ." I now had my hand around Greg's neck, pinning him up against the wall. Kenny was already running towards me, a growl exiting his mouth and he tackled me down, "Where the hell are they?" I screamed, now knocking Kenny off of me and was quick at his neck, ready to kill him. I was angry now but to my surprise, Arty grabbed me by the neck, pinning me to the wall. He was strong as I struggled and Kenny and Greg stood as Gina told Arty to let me down. 

                   "Sorry buddy . . . You were going to kill the kid." Arty said and I looked over at Greg, who glared at me. I felt bad but I was angry, which as no excuse. The people in the bar stared at me in astonishment. Gina ordered Arty to let me down again and Arty gave me a worried look, "Calm down boss. I'll let you go but calm down." he said and I was breathing hard but nodded in agreement. He slowly let me down as Gina quickly knelt down to my level, as I sat down against the wall, now staring up at Kenny, who was staring down at me, "What happened?" I asked with a little command to my voice. Greg sat down, rubbing his neck as Kenny answered,

                    "Connor and Eryn went on a date to Staten Island. Then contact from Connor let us know he was being attacked, by who, we don't know. That was it. We've been since trying to get contact with him, but nothing is going through. Drayden had already left for the Island and Caine and Troy are on their way there." Greg now stood up quickly as I got up, he was probably making sure I wasn't going to attack but I wasn't angry with them, I was angry with Connor at the moment. He took my niece on a date without me knowing. Wait, was that why she said she had homework instead of coming to the bar. I looked at Gina, "You knew about this?" I asked her and she went ashen, letting her head hang. I let a angry breath out and then started for the bar, "How long ago?" I asked Kenny. 

                    "Just 5 minutes ago. Were coming too." he said as Greg and him started to follow me. I didn't argue but as I was leaving I yelled over to Gina, "I'll deal with you later." I said, not caring at the moment what she was going through. In seconds, I was running on feet, faster then I've ever ran. Kenny and Greg had long ago transformed into their wolf form and were running along side me. Staten Island was only minutes away with my speed. My thoughts had turned negative as flashes of Eryn's lifeless body laid in my arms. I shook the thought out, trying to just think rational. Maybe they were just . . . I didn't even want to think about them together. What the hell was going on? Why didn't she just tell me? Why did she even go? 

        The city was darker then I was use to but I knew it was because I was scared of finding Eryn. I never believed in a God but if there really was one, please let my niece be alive. The terminal was up ahead but I could smell it, the strong smell of rotting blood. The terminal was dark but from where I could see, I spotted Connor's red Ducati in the parking lot. We were now standing in the parking lot and I made my way to where the booth was. The window of the booth was covered in dark red blood and as we walked around to the side, a decapitated man laid dead in the doorway of the booth. The smell of wolf blood was strong as Kenny bent down to verify who it was. Greg and Kenny looked horrified. I walked onto the dock, no ferries at the dock, unusual.