Chapter Twenty-Six: Past

A/N: Hello Readers! I know last chapter was really sad but Eryn doesn't have healing powers. She has dark powers, nothing but destruction comes from it. I am sorry if you didn't like how it ended but I do believe in every story there should be a tragic moment. I do thank everyone who reads my story. To the right is a picture of Ryan and I know this one took forever to come out but I'm almost done with chapter 27 and I'll have it out in two days tops. I am close to finishing this book so I will have more pictures of the other co-characters for sure. THANK YOU ALL. Enjoy!

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

{Connor's POV}

     The cold hard smell of rogue and blood loomed in the distance. From where I was running I could smell burning metal and rubber and in the distance I could see the flames from what looked like a car. Finally seeing Eryn and a smile spreading across my face but the smile quickly faltered when I watched her cradling Caine. Caine. In seconds I stood in front of them in wolf form. Knowing me even in my form, Eryn looked up a me with puffy and red eyes. Her tears had been falling and her sniffling hadn't stopped. She was holding Caine's lifeless body and I then seen the wound that was covered by a black shirt. Even thought the shirt was black, I could tell how soaked it was. This wasn't happening. I nudged his body with my wolf nose and he didn't move. His eyes were still open as I tried to connect with him,

             "Caine! Get up." No answer. This had to be one of his little jokes. I nudged him again and still he wasn't responding.

             "He's . . . He's gone." Eryn said with more tears coming down and her cry just above a whisper. I transformed into my human form, not caring that I was naked infront of her and knelt down,

              "No he's just-" I said, forcing the tears back. I set two fingers onto his neck, checking for a pulse. Nothing. I shook him, "Come on man, this isn't you." A tear made it's way down my cheek as I  nudged him again. He was cold and pale.

               "I still . . . I still have so much to teach you . . . Cai-" I couldn't finish the rest of my sentence as the water works started.

               "No-" I started to say as the cries exited my lips. No. This isn't happening. I was too late. I held onto him now as Eryn hadn't let his hand go. He was cold and pale. He was gone. He was- even thinking had my words tangled. I didn't care for the tears that now poured down. This was my fault and I set him back down onto Eryns lap, stood up and transformed back into my wolf.

               "Connor!" Eryn called out for me but I ignored her and took off towards where the rogue and the smell of another wolf was. The smell was familiar, Ryan Voulder. They were in the distant and I watched as the rogue knocked a brown furred wolf down and he flew across the ways, now unconious. The rogue now faced me as I kept running at him and I was surprised when he turned into his human form. My wolf stopped as we recognized the rogue. Andrus Wilson, Dante's old Beta.

{Brody's POV}

     I was already out of the bar before Greg told me Eryn was in trouble. Gina didn't need me to tell her stay and close up the place. I was running aside the pack as Maria took Drayden's Mustang. She was a few miles behind. It took us longer then we thought to get to where the commotion was and that's when I caught site of Eryn's car in flames and then I seen Eryn just a few ways of where the car was. I was in front of her in seconds and went dead cold. The strong smell of Caines blood filtered my thoughts and then his pale body made me go limp. Eryn stared up at me, her cries deep and tears pouring.